Adversaire La (Nicole Garcia 2002)
Subtitling: iNSPiRE tm
For 15 years, everybody believed[br]Jean-Marc Faure.
His wife, his parents, his friends.
The one thing worse than being exposed[br]is not to be exposed.
This film is based on a true story.
L'Adversaire (The Adversary)
- Where is this house?[br]- Outside the village, towards Gex.
Three bedrooms on the top floor.[br]A bargain for sure.
- But there's no garden.[br]- Yes, with a cherry tree.
- Could you have a look?[br]- Yes.
Hurry up kids! - Vincent,[br]Finish your corn flakes!
- I'm not ready yet.[br]- Hurry up then!
Let's get going.
- Do I pick you up tonight?[br]- I have a busy schedule. I'll call.
Bye.. Be nice!
- Late again?[br]- You can never foresee the traffic.
- Didn't shave today?[br]- Peritonitis at 04:00!
Did you see the fresco the kids made?[br]The solar system with angels as mules.
I'll watch it tomorrow.
A pair of radiologists have moved in[br]and they want to meet you.
They didn't know about the local genius.[br]We'll invite them for dinner...
I'll call Christine. Bye.
- She told me you're looking for a house.[br]- Don't you start too.
In HIV-ridden countries we notice[br]an increase of tuberculosis.
It now seems as if HIV is a bigger[br]threat than tuberculosis
If this tendancy persists,[br]countries where HIV is...
The auditorium is booked for a meeting[br]and is open for the public again at 5 o'clock.
Mister, We are closing.
Have you washed your hands?[br]Let me see... Are you sure?
- Don't do that, She's a slut.[br]- Who taught you words like that?
You have to visit Baptiste[br]at the hospital in Gex.
- Is it an odontologial surgery?[br]- Yes, you have to assist.
I got his name. Dr Zurcan.
Are you listening?
- What is it?[br]- A japanese colleague gave it to me.
"I have nothing", studdered Lina.[br]"I didn't know about the three magic gifts"
"I just wanted some fireworks"
- Go to sleep.[br]- I can read in the dark.
I want to say initially... this...
to you, Christine, and the kids,[br]because I love you.
Because you mean everything to me.
The years have passed.[br]I thought I had it all figured out.
That there was an eventual way out...
I'll try to explain, to myself,[br]when all this started.
Our religion states that it's never[br]too late, that forgiveness is possible.
But it also states that you don't[br]have to right to take your own life.
Everything I've done,[br]good or bad...
- Have you seen the house yet?[br]- No, but it has to be renovated.
- Doctor?[br]- An apricot pie for ten.
- Sure.[br]- Thanks.
People will start to think you're a[br]cheapskate or that you have a mistress.
You can't expect your family to be happy[br]living on 50m2. How long will they cope?
You're not going to the expo, are you?
- Well, Where were we?
- When is the wedding?[br]- 12:th of may.
Where are we having lunch? La Rabette,[br]or at Girard's in Annecy?
You decide, but La Rabette is nice,[br]by the lake, and the food is better.
- Yes, he is right.[br]- Jean-Marc has spoken.
- His mind is set on a Mercedes.[br]- You want to brag...? For whom?
Nobody. It's a regular car,[br]not a Rolls Royce.
- A Mercedes...[br]- Can I get a key to it?
I have to talk to you.[br]I have to withdraw some money.
100 000 franc[br]for the first deposit.
I can tell you.[br]I went for the coupé model.
I want it for Xavier's wedding.[br]We have to go the bank in Genèva.
If you say so...
I don't handle the finances. From what[br]you told me, it's about 2 years interest.
I don't want to get another loan[br]with all the paperwork and extra charges.
What's going on?
I'll call you.[br]We'll arrange a meeting with the bank.
Did you fall?
You're always in a hurry. We have to[br]find a solution for the constant overdraw.
I guess a person like you got other accounts.[br]Do you have time to talk right now?
- No, I'm off to Dijon.[br]- Then you have to visit me soon.
See you soon then.
I'd like to withdraw 5 000 franc[br]from my parents' account.
- Do you have the authorization slip?[br]- Of course.
- Sorry, I'm new here.[br]- No problem.
- Are you off to Bourg-en-Bresse?[br]- No, to Lyon.
- You don't remember me? Michel Philiooot.[br]- Of course, How are you?
I wasn't sure it was you.[br]Are you on holiday?
- I had some errands in Lyon.[br]- Come visit my clinic just next door.
- Aren't you getting that?[br]- Yes.
- I hear you teach at Besancon.[br]- Dijon.
Then you must know Lentier. He's the[br]professor in neurology in Dijon.
- We've met.[br]- Funny, We share practise.
I took over my dad's old clinic.[br]We handle minor depressions.
You're from the country, right?[br]You've been teased alot?
- What did your father do?[br]- He was a forest warden.
Your parents must be proud.
I'm sure I still have a photo[br]of you from the time we studied.
Tarar, Benel, Luc, Arbousier.
I don't see you on this.
Do you know Jean-Marc Faure?[br]He teaches at Dijon.
We went to medical school together,[br]except for the practise period.
- I don't think we have...[br]- You work together with Zylberstein.
I have been confined to the side building,[br]since the flooding last year.
We can't even get into[br]Rue Tisserand anymore.
- Not even the library or the archives.[br]- Oh well, it's one big mess.
- Doc, mrs Perrin is here.[br]- We'll meet soon again i presume.
This is me.
Where have you been? Your beeper[br]was off, so I nearly called WHO.
She was very worried.[br]WHO is not exactly Fort Knox!
- A drink?[br]- Yeah, I'd love a whiskey.
Wasn't it this secrecy that got you[br]interested initially?
Maybe I was too straight forward?
- Are you staying for dinner?[br]- No thanks.
How did it all happen?[br]I don't recall.
At the end of the summmer you were[br]engaged, and I...
Jean-Marc, I guess that's dad.[br]He's called twice already.
He's obsessed with the[br]Mercedes plans.
Did you notice the massacre at Juzy?[br]They even cut down young trees!
Have to be some idiots with fancy[br]diplomas without any knowledge in forestry.
- I intend to write to Gex![br]- There's no need.
I bought it for you in Holland,[br]Forgot to bring it last time around.
I couldn't find Rotterdam on the map.
- I'm in a hurry.[br]- Of course.
- Are you getting the extra pension?[br]- Yes.
We don't see Christine very often.
We don't see the children either.
She doesn't like the forest.[br]We'll drop by in september.
When it's turning colder.
You never want to go anywhere.
How long is he going to sleep?
You needed some rest.
- What time is it?[br]- Almost four.
Don't you have to call work?
- Has somebody been in my room?[br]- No.
Yes, I forgot.[br]We changed the wall socket over there.
But we didn't go through your stuff.
The years have passed so quickly.[br]I thought I would have time....
That there would be a way out...
But everything is moving slowly[br]when you are alone with a dark secret.
You have reached Marianne Malartre.[br]Leave a message after the beep.
Are you there?
Aren't you there?
I don't know what happened.
I don't know why things have turned[br]out like this.
Don't be afraid of me.[br]I didn't mean to hurt you at all.
- Marianne, more wine?[br]- Thanks.
I'm at the pharmacy on thursdays.
- Yes, you can see the arteries more clearly.[br]- Angioscintigrafh replaces the arteriografh.
That would reduce the examination time.
- My kids are not going to a religious school.[br]- The subject is not mandatory.
Freedom first![br]The principal is special, Maletras.
A normal development...
- The number of cases could be checked.[br]- It's possible, I don't research myself.
- I'll have a cigarette.[br]- In the past, when we were barbarians,[br]I used to sting them here.
- What a nice top! Is that silk?[br]- Yes, I wanted it in black.
X-ray symposium, Chicago, in november![br]When it's that cold you stay and listen.
- You won't find nice clothes here.[br]- And... you can wear it like this.
- It stays up.[br]- What are you doing?
Getting undressed like that.[br]You are provoking us young men.
Anyway, it suits her.
- Are you getting used to living here?[br]- Well, when the night comes, I'm scared.
Soft version! The version I get is:[br]"You have buried me alive in this pit"
- I wanted to go to Paris this monday.[br]- My wife leaves the house and seduces men...
There are some nice places to visit here.[br]We'll show you.
- I like Divonne.[br]- And the casino!
- I always stop at 2 000 Francs down.[br]- And I take her patients too!
Shut up! That's a dumb thing to say.
Well, that was a bit dumb....
- I'll put on some coffee.[br]- No, I'll do it.
I'll help you.
You never saw the pictures from the picnic.[br]When we go for a swim with the priest.
Your wife is pretty.[br]By that, I don't mean you're ugly.
Do you know why you can't live with[br]the women that turn you on?
You simply don't reflect....[br]You just follow a predicted straight line.
- Is there anymore white wine?[br]- Yes.
WORLD HEALTH ORGANISATION
I'm here to see my son-in-law.[br]Dr. Faure.
- Come again?[br]- Faure, F... a... u.
- Are you sure that...[br]- Sorry, my meeting ended late...
- I started to get worried.[br]- Let's go somewhere for a drink.
An ethnic place!
- Christine's never been here?[br]- No.
Did you get my message this morning?
- We had an appointment. I was there.[br]- The guy that handles the account is in Zürich.
- I'll call him tomorrow.[br]- He said I could get the money anytime.
Yes, but we have to sign the papers.[br]Too bad doing it now, when it's up 18%.
- I thought the money was for the children.[br]- I don't steal! I'm upset, Marc.
Oh well, I won't raise my voice.
- What's that?[br]- A fishing magazine for you.
- Tomorrow there's a masquerade at school.[br]- Then we'll do it tuesday.
I don't know what the weather is like in Oslo.[br]I'll pack two sweaters.
The children will be disappointed.[br]Why didn't you tell me about this before?
The guy handling the paperwork[br]has family problems...
- You haven't prepared?[br]- No, but I'll do it on the plane.
Do you know which hotel[br]you'll be staying at?
No.[br]They are picking me up at the airport.
Why are you bringing this much stuff?
I was supposed to meet your father this week.[br]Tell him... I'll phone him when I'm home.
Good day, Mrs. Faure.
You are a better swimmer than me.
I don't like pools.[br]I like the ocean, and the salt water.
I have only been to the ocean twice.
- Do you never travel with your...[br]- Jean-Marc?
Isn't he uncomfortable[br]leaving you alone by yourself?
No,[br]It's rather me who does the worrying.
- That he won't come back?[br]- No, but...if he gets lost.
Come now, children, have a break.
The impregnable fortress.
I don't like the trunks.[br]We'll get him some tangas.
He hasn't left his room for two days.
I'm off soon.[br]Can I clean the room now?
You can stay if you want.
Are you going to Norway?
I visited the museum, and then I went[br]back to the hotel. Did Alice get her shot?
No, Oslo is beautiful. They have a[br]famous area here called "Karl Johan".
Really nice, but very noisy.
Do you hear me?[br]I can't hear you properly.
Waht are you doing? Come on in!
I don't have the money.
I wanted a grey metallic, but the[br]waiting list is at least 6 months.
So i took a blue-coloured one,[br]a dark-blue nuance.
We have an appointment at 4[br]with the salesman.
I don't have the money.
In about two years I can build a pool[br]for the kids, when the money has accumulated.
Look at this? Almost done up there,[br]but I had to reinforce the whole shell.
There's time...[br]Come, let me show you.
They will have their workroom down there,[br]and I can work in peace up here.
Come and see, I'm putting two windows here[br]next month. I've ordered them.
Walk carefully. Not on the left side.
They never clean up.
You have to look after Christine & the kids.
Why do you say that?
We can't go get the car.
Don't start again!
What's the matter?[br]Are you ill?
I don't have the money.
What do you mean?[br]Did you lose them betting on something?
Did you lose the money?
What are you up to?[br]Where are you? I can't see you.
Right eight times,[br]left six times.
No, left ten times.[br]- Daddy, Alice's pushing me.
Stop it, Vincent!
- How many kilometers have we been driving?[br]- Seven, eight...
Isn't this house too expensive?
- We're passing a tennis court.[br]- Vincent's cheating.
- Where are we, Dad? In Saint-Martin?[br]- I won't tell.
- Jean-Marc![br]- I'll go to the other side.
They cut down the cherry tree.
The remote works from the kitchen.
- Is it expensive?[br]- Dunno. It was there already.
- When are we going to see the donkey?[br]- I don't know, sweetheart.
- Do they never wear you out?[br]- They are just a little exhilarated.
- Can we go see the donkey now?[br]- It's in the meadows, going nowhere.
We'll go there in a bit.
- What a beautiful lamp. Is it crystal?[br]- Jean-Marc's boss gave it to us.
- I can't choose. Which one do you like?[br]- I like this one.
Don't you think mum's looks better?
When she's around people it's alright.[br]When she's alone, she just cries for hours.
I call her every night.
Why did Jean-Marc suddenly[br]decide on this house?
We had been thinking about it for a long time.[br]He thought that time was running out.
- Too bad we didn't keep the house in La Frette.[br]- It was you who wanted to sell it.
We really couldn't keep the house[br]where daddy died, could we?
But he spent alot of time fixing it.
1.300.000 with 18% interest.[br]Sorry to bring it up, but...
- What does that come to? 240.000 a year?[br]- Approximately.
You placed it, you should know.
- The amount dad put in is still there, right?[br]- Yes, It's untouched.
- We never see anything, not a single paper.[br]- Would you like to place it, be my guest.
You know very well I don't know[br]the first thing about that kinda business.
We aren't leaving already, are we?
- Let's have a final drink.[br]- We all have work tomorrow.
Me too.[br]What's the rush?
A bad play and now this......
Being turned down is one thing, but[br]being on a date with couples is[br]pure masochism....
- Get a hold of yourself![br]- I can't stand you guys.
- Where is he going?[br]- Rémi!
- We can't leave him.[br]- Rémi!
They have discussed the separation[br]alot, and now he is unhappy.
- Have you answered her letter?[br]- Did I tell you she wrote?
I think she's enjoying Paris.
- Why are you taking this road?[br]- More scenic for a change.
There's a light on at your place.
Your office is on the third floor, right?[br]There's a light on.
I guess they're cleaning.
The jewelry he gave you during the[br]relationship...
I got this ring too.[br]After the divorce I stayed in Paris.
He and his wife visited me.[br]We had tea at my place.
I mainly talked with her,[br]with Christine.
I was close to her,[br]but I hardly remembered him.
- But one day I got a big bouquet of flowers.[br]- When was this?
After ten days. Really nice flowers.
I was really surprised,[br]and he took me to dinner.
I'm here to with Mr. Faure.
This way please.
- Good evening.[br]- I don't remember doing this already.
Thanks for the lovely flowers.
I thought we could dine on the terrace,[br]but the weather is too bad. Are are ok?
- Yes. Christine's not here?[br]- No.
- Do you live here? The symposium is on...?[br]- Connective Tissue Surgery.
It's big business[br]and they need sponsors bad.
If you're into philosophy, it might be[br]interesting eventhough it may appear shocking.
It's the market.[br]It's the same all over the world.
But you meet interesting people.
Take Kouchner for example.[br]He's doing a remarkable job.
- Do you know him?[br]- Yes, We have become...
friends might not be the word,[br]but we meet alot.
He's controversial, but today[br]you have use media to be seen and heard.
- I have always liked him.[br]- If you want to meet him, I can arrange it.
I didn't know you were involved[br]in this line of work,[br]and that you knew those kind of persons.
This was fantastic.
In Ferney, you were always so shy,[br]so discrete.
- Another bottle of Champagne?[br]- We already emptied this one.
- Maybe half a bottle.[br]- We don't have that.
A bottle then.
- It's warm in here.[br]- Yes.
- You're sweating. A cigarette?[br]- No, thanks, I have my cigars.
Maybe we could go to an `[br]exhibit together?
I don't have much spare time. I work[br]'til 8, and I have the kids.
But if I understand this correctly,[br]you have alot of time.
- What do you have planned for the holiday?[br]- I don't know.
Rémi has the kids for 3 weeks.[br]I decide the last minute where to go.
I love you.
I didn't catch that.
I enjoy seeing you like this,[br]eating together, but...
- You're right.[br]- I'm friends with Christine.
- Is this the reputation I created for myself?[br]- Don't be silly.
- For you.[br]- What is it?
- An apology.[br]- No, no.
- Yes, Have a look.[br]- No, but...
No, no, no.
Sure, it's beautiful,[br]but I couldn't accept it.
Up 'til then there hadn't been[br]anything between us.
He often visited me in Paris,[br]and we dined in expensive restaurants.
But he was always discrete.[br]Sometimes he brought presents.
He is interested in alot of things,[br]and we talked about various subjects.
But he never tried to...
I'm totally wasted.[br]The drinks just kept coming.
This was good,[br]but Jamain was more high class.
- Hi. Everything ok?[br]- They fell asleep early.
- Here you are. See you tuesday.[br]- Yes.
- Good night.[br]- Good night.
She thinks of course that we...
Well, never mind!
- Will you stay here after all?[br]- I hope so. It's my aunt's apartment.
Are you driving all night?
I can't see you doing it.[br]Promise me you'll stop if you get tired.
Call me next time you come to Paris.[br]Take care.
Can I sleep here?
If you want. There's another bedroom.[br]I don't know if there're blankets.
Oh that's right, in the cupboard.
- What time is it?[br]- Six.
- Have you been sleeping?[br]- No.
I get the feeling I can tell[br]you anything.
I don't recall any conversations[br]with other men.
- So that's where you got to know him?[br]- Yes, in Lyon, in medical school.
And you became friends.[br]One could almost say that you became...
...the best of friends.
What was he like back then?[br]Did he act weird? Was he...?
Shy at times. You wanted to protect him.[br]I always wanted to protect him.
- You went to the same class the second year.[br]- Yes.
He never graduated.
Do you remember if anything strange[br]happened during that 2:nd year?
Maybe some problems with Christine,[br]but nothing that lasted.
You took the same courses, but he never[br]passed any tests, and you didn't realize that?
He signed up again and again[br]and you...
You didn't even took the time to check[br]if his name was on the exams list.
No, We studied together and he was good.[br]Better than me even.
So why not believe him? We weren't in the[br]same group. Everybody believed him.
- What kind of work did he do for WHO?[br]- Head professor in cardiology.
- How did he get that job?[br]- He applied for it...
...through an old colleague[br]who was the head for the laboratory.
You are a doctor yourself, but you[br]never visited him at WHO.
I suggested it a couple of times.[br]He said yes, but he later chickened out.
Never any questions.[br]you never noticed anything?
Maybe I was a bad listener.
I feel like I'm dying, and you[br]tell me all is well.
- I can give you a ride to the hospital.[br]- No, I guess you're right.
- I guess I'm fine.[br]- Keep it down, the kids are asleep.
Do you have anything to drink?[br]Any booze?
You seem so worried.
Maybe so, but there are surely[br]good reasons for me feeling this way.
- Do you want to talk about it?[br]- Yes, Of course I want to talk about it!
But... I warn you, hold on tight,[br]because you're gonna faint when you hear it.
It's almost two and I'm a total wreck.
I have been wanting to say this for a while.[br]It was during the 2:nd year. Just after...
...after exam, the results. You were in[br]classroom B. There was music, Sangria...
- Do you remember?[br]- Why are you mentioning this now?
I walked down the corridor and you went:[br]"Did you pass?"
Christine and I had just broke up.[br]She didn't want to see me.
- We...[br]- Is it a woman?
- No, It's not a woman.[br]- But you always travel to Paris.
Don't tell me it's... Marianne?[br]Is it her?
- Is it her?![br]- Why not?
She is the kind you sleep with[br]and then forget about.
- You don't know what you're saying.[br]- Don't ruin everyhing for a slut like that.
- I know her, I know.[br]- Don't speak to me like a 10-year old!
I don't want your moral lectures![br]What gives YOU the right?
What makes your lifestyle so perfect?
- You'll be unhappy.[br]- It's the only thing in my life that feels right.
What do you want me to say?[br]"You'll experience the great passion.."
It won't happen...[br]Break it up now while you can.
Don't tell me she loves you,[br]'cause I won't believe it.
Talk to Christine about it.[br]She's intelligent, she'll understand.
It will help you get over it.
What's going on in there?
What was all that about the party[br]in classroom B?
...at the end of the second year[br]of medical school.
I had passed some tests. That morning[br]I was supposed to take a physiology test.
Suddenly I felt something inside...
...that collapsed and fell.
I could hardly stand up.[br]I couldn't, so I never went to the test.
I'm not a doctor.[br]I don't work at WHO.
When I leave my house,[br]I go nowhere.
I drive around,[br]stopping, waiting.
And now when I no longer exist, I don't[br]know if my death can save us.
- They're looking for you. They want to go.[br]- Sure, honey, I'm on my way.
- Another one?[br]- Last one!
- Three whiskey with ice. - And you?[br]- A Malibu.
- Can you fix it?[br]- I think so.
Why does he have to fix your necklace?
I met Marianne when I picked up[br]the kids. We are talking again.
She is the same old Marianne,[br]She has a crush on a wealthy dentist.
I can tell when she's in love.[br]Her neck is always moist.
- You slep with her too, right?[br]- No, I never did I'm afraid.
A Malibu for me too...
She has another lover.[br]Also a doctor....
She sticks to men in the same line of work.[br]Although he's dull and bores her, she told me.
There, this should do the trick.
I didn't want to come at first,[br]but I know you'd appreciate it, but...
...we have to stop seeing eachother...[br]...like this I mean.
I can't go on. It's all over.
You are so moody.
- I'm not. Not with you.[br]- Yes, you are trying hard not to.
But there's something about you.[br]Something dark and depressing.
You're kind, you take me to[br]fine restaurants-
- but I can't be with anyone[br]that sad all time.
I'm not strong enough.
We can go for a boat ride if you want.
I don't know if the guys who rents[br]them is there today.
- What's the matter?[br]- I had an accident.
Where? Tell me about it.
A guy hit me, I ran off the road[br]and was thrown out of the car.
The car flipped over three times.
- But the car is right there![br]- It was the WHO car.
They flew me with a helicopter[br]to the hospital in Lausanne.
Why didn't you call?
I lost my cell phone.
- Did they have a look at you? You're bleeding.[br]- It's nothing.
Did you pick up the car at WHO?
That looks like scratch marks.[br]Or maybe it's from the grabble.
Or maybe from when the windshield[br]was shattered?
I'll fix you up.
Hurry. Otherwise we'll be late.
- Is daddy still sick?[br]- No, he's resting.
Emmeline, will you look after them?[br]I'll be right there.
You haven't given me the check[br]for the school lunches.
What are you looking for?
I don't know.
You have to leave tonight...[br]I just have a few minutes now.
But I appreciate you coming[br]on such short notice.
Give this to Lange, please.
- Coffee?[br]- Yes, please.
So, you don't have time to eat?[br]Too bad.
My big brother...[br]You look ok.
I had a rough period, but now[br]I'm much better.
Let's sit here.
- And the dentist?[br]- It's over.
- Are you angry?[br]- You know perfectly well I'm not.
- Do you still see Rémi?[br]- Not that often.
- We just sold the clinics in Ferney.[br]- Did you get a good price?
Yes, I got 900.000 franc.
I wanted to talk to you about that.
- Do you have a clue why?[br]- No.
- Do you have a cigarette?[br]- Watch it, Cavalier comes at 2 p.m.
- What you talked about, in Genèva.[br]- No.
Why not? Do me that favour.[br]Please...
- My contact there has moved.[br]- But your family's money is still there?
I don't deal with that stuff no more.[br]I have quit.
Just for a short while.[br]I could use that kind of money.
As soon as I decide to buy.
- How will you pay?[br]- First payment cash.
Please verify that it's 100.000 franc.
- New or used?[br]- New.
I didn't like the idea.
Where is the dog?
Is that you?
No, you did the right thing.
I was away.
It's a bit complicated withdrawing[br]money with a high interest like that.
That's the standard procedure.[br]I'll fix it tomorrow.
Ah, it's you. Thanks for calling.
No, I haven't slept.
No, don't say that. I didn't mean[br]to hurt you last night.
I don't recall, but if you say so,[br]I believe you.
Let's forget the whole thing.
Yes, I will.[br]I'm meeting a person.
No, I am alone right now.
Home with her mother.
Playing in the garden.
Is it dark already?
I don't hear you that good.
Were there any signs?[br]When did he begin to act strange?
I don't know. The last three months[br]we didn't meet at all. We had a fight.
- Fight over what?[br]- Just a stupid thing.
Our children go to a private school.[br]Catholic.
The principal turned out to be a problem.[br]He ran the school very poorly.
And on top of that, he had an affair[br]with a first grade teacher.
They went at it in the principal's office.
Right or wrong, but we got rid of him.
We took a vote, and Jean-Marc[br]also voted for his removal.
The next day however, Christine[br]started a petition in favor of the principal.
Very well, thank you all.[br]See you on monday.
- Did they fire him?[br]- Yes.
Without any insight[br]in a man's potential problems.
The whole thing made me think[br]about Job's chapter in the bible.
"They judge, and a head will fall"[br]"But what gives them the right to judge"
- Did you express your thoughts?[br]- Yes, but I was alone.
I'm not in on this. How rude![br]Luc is a prick!
- I should fight this. Was Emmeline there?[br]- No.
It's Christine. We have to talk. I'm furious[br]over a matter that concerns us all.
In school today, everybody voted for[br]Maletras dismissal. Everybody except Jean-Marc.
We can't agree to that.[br]Let's start a petition.
- Are you still on bad terms with Luc?[br]- Sad, but I don't want to give in.
- I never anticipated this uproar.[br]- How many have signed the petition?
- 50 or more...[br]- Not bad.
- It's like civil war.[br]- Bye for now.
- Mrs. Faure...[br]- Yes.
We have met, but I've never really[br]spoken with you. I'm Mrs. Xinning.
My husband works at WHO.[br]So does your husband, I have heard.
My husband has tried to get ahold of[br]Jean-Marc, but he can't find him in the registry.
- That's why I'm here.[br]- The registry?
I don't know.
We're in the phone book.[br]Please call us.
- Do you want anything while you're here?[br]- No.
Then please excuse me.
- Do you like it?[br]- Yes.
- When? We have to set a date.[br]- Beginning of January.
The beginning of January?!
I can't go to Paris on week days.
- We ate here the first time.[br]- Friends shouldn't argue about money.
I lost my apetite.
Kouchner has a dinner party on a[br]saturday. Wanna come?
- Where?[br]- Countryside, near Paris. Fontainebleau.
Who will be there?
It's not a big thing, pretty intimate.[br]His wife for sure, and maybe 2,3 friends.
- Which date is better? 16:th or the 9:th?[br]- 9:th.
- Get in the car. I'll be there shortly.[br]- Are you getting rid of some papers?
Come on, sweet mother Mary.
Someone has to inform you that you have[br]two ugly wrinkles popping up when you smile.
My house will be packed at lunch.
- Is the master of depression alright?[br]- Yes, He's picking up his parents.
He's a funny guy. He could have told[br]me directly that he didn't agree.
- He told you, right?[br]- No, that's the weird part.
- He didn't want to remove Maletras.[br]- He did, He voted as everybody else.
That's why I didn't get it.[br]Never mind, it's all forgotten by now.
What's the matter?
Then he lied to me.[br]He lied to me.
- Are there any oysters left?[br]- We have to throw them out like last year.
- Need any help?[br]- That won't be necessary.
- Do your cousins want onions?[br]- Dunno, they're watching pictures right now.
Let me do it. I'd be glad to do it.
Don't we have any lemon?
- There was a small accident.[br]- Stop it!
- They've opened them all.[br]- I strictly told them: "After lunch".
Vincent, stop that,[br]or go to your room right now.
- Won't Luc be here this year?[br]- No.
- But he's alright?[br]- Yes.
I met him this morning.
- Alot of food! Watch out..[br]- I'll move that.
Stand closer together!
Jean-Marc isn't here.
Jean-Marc! Jean-Marc! Jean-Marc!
Stand next to Christine.[br]Give her a kiss.
- And now....?[br]- Merry christmas!
- Do you know where Jean-Marc is?[br]- We haven't seen him for a while.
Alice, go get Dad.
Everything I've done, good or bad,[br]I did for you.
Because I love you.
Because you mean everything to me.
But now, when I'm not around anymore,[br]I don't know if my death will save us.
They're looking for you, Dad.[br]They're leaving.
Yes, honey, I'll be there.
But, Mom?[br]40.000 less? That's impossible.
- You have had all the time in the world![br]- I just forgot the "t's".
- Alice, are you done?[br]- Almost!
It has to be a computer error.
Don't you worry. I'll go there myself.
Let's see, two tear gas cartridges.
- Ammunition. One or two boxes?[br]- One.
- Do you know how to handle this?[br]- Yes, I think so.
Can I get it all in different[br]gift wraps?
Yeah, you can.
If that's what you want..
- I don't have any fancy wrapper.[br]- A silencer too, to a .22 rifle.
He's depressed.[br]Doctor Bertier mentioned surgery.
- Will you have lunch?[br]- No time.
- Eat something at least.[br]- A quick bite maybe.
We received a letter from the bank.[br]The account is still on minus.
It's the same mistake. I've told[br]you I'm gonna handle it.
I'm getting some books.
Jean-Marc?![br]I'm busy, but do come in.
Hélène had a daughter in Génève this morning.[br]I'm looking after the kids.
- Isn't Luc here?[br]- Stop it, kids!
That's the third time today.
- Are you alright?[br]- Yes.
Shall I tell Luc that you were here?
And tell him that...
Do you think Dad's at the Pizzeria[br]already?
What's wrong with mummy?
"The prince was still in the well"-
- "but the walls were so slippery[br]that he couldn't get out."
"He was devastated, but suddenly he[br]saw the fox staring down from the edge."
Your mother is too lonely.
- Why aren't you in the WHO catalogue?[br]- She could come here for a couple of days.
I don't know. Apparently there's[br]a catalogue for the WHO employees.
Stop drinking like that.
You never take us anywhere.[br]We have never seen the WHO christmas tree.
You let us live like savages.
Something is wrong here.[br]Why aren't you in the catalogue?
And all the money you spend.[br]Buying a car that's worth a fortune!
- It's all for you.[br]- I don't give a damn about all that.
- The account is empty![br]- Who told you that?
- If you've been fired, then tell me.[br]- Why should I've been fired?
Have you been fired or not?
I don't know.
- It's true that the winter's been rough.[br]- You're not answering.
I can't go on like this.
I'm starting to get afraid.
Why didn't you tell me[br]you voted for Maletras' dismissal?
I was ashamed when Luc told me.
- You're putting me in a tough position.[br]- Well. maybe I wasn't clear on that.
Sometimes I don't remember.
Do you want me to leave?
- Why aren't you in the catalogue?[br]- Maybe that would be the best thing?
What's going on, Jean-Marc?
You don't miss anything. I have always[br]seen to it that you've had it all.
You're not answering.
That's irrelevant in comparison[br]to my love for you.
Why aren't you in the catalogue?
It's too late.
I don't want us to separate.[br]I love you.
I love you too.
She's still sleeping.
Do you want me to wake her up?
Yes, I'll tell her.
- Be quiet, mummy's still sleeping.[br]- Could you put on a cassette?
She approached the large table[br]but it was to high...
Your hand is cold.[br]Let me get a ruler.
No, stay here.
You're warm.[br]You have a fever. Let's check.
Lie on your stomach.
Here, you know what to do.
- For how long?[br]- Count to 200.
Or sing the song....[br]"Pirouette, Cacahuète."
There's nothing wrong with me.[br]I want to watch the ending.
Come up here,[br]I want to check your temperature.
So, you're bringing it back?
The ventilation in your room isn't[br]working. I think it's the filter.
There's alot of strange smells[br]in that room.
- Some more?[br]- No thank you.
I took some sage from the garden.
- What's wrong with the ventilation?[br]- The repair man can't come 'cause of the snow.
Why do I have to go up here again?[br]I checked it this morning already.
We have to get the repair guy here.
I unplugged it, to keep it from[br]shorting out.
Let's check the grating.
Stubborn, eh?[br]I'm telling you, it doesn't work.
Want me down on my knees do you?
You have to change it.
They'll be here on monday.
I'm in here.
What's the matter, boy?
What are you doing in here?
- Did you exchange the photos?[br]- What photos? We haven't changed anything.
Jean-Marc, what are you doing?
- Did you get it for christmas?[br]- Yes.
Stop it, Manuel.
- Turn it down![br]- No.
What do you think?[br]Too dressed up?
I'm changing my belt.[br]Do we have time?
- I'll help you with that.[br]- Thanks.
Could you come in here?
- How many cars do you think?[br]- Four, five.
The hair like this, alright?
- Any news about my money?[br]- I promise you'll get them on monday.
I will go there when they open.
If I take the executive role for INSERM[br]it means I'll go to Paris.
- I don't understand this map.[br]- I'll get the fifth floor in the building.
I discussed it with Christine[br]and we agreed.
We are going to separate.[br]Probably the best thing to do.
I'm gonna miss the children.[br]That's the hardest part.
Not going to see them as often...
You'll never leave Christine.
Make a right here.
We already drove passed this.[br]I recognize that roundabout.
- We are just driving in circles, aren't we?[br]- No.
We haven't even seen a sign[br]saying "Neuville" yet.
Stop here! There's a pay phone over there.[br]Otherwise this will take all night.
- Go over there and make the call.[br]- I don't have the number.
You don't have the number?![br]You're joking!
What are we supposed to do know?[br]Where are we? We are lost.
I think I have the number[br]in a bag back in the trunk.
This can't be happening.
- Come here, I have a surprise for you.[br]- Not now. Call them!
- I have a present for you.[br]- Cut it out! This is ridiculous!
Come out just a minute, please.
- Close your eyes.[br]- I must be dreaming.
Think about my kids.
What's happening to us?[br]What got into you?
You attacked me.[br]You hurt me.
You started it.[br]Why would I hurt you?
I think so.
Don't you remember what you did?
Sorry. I have been feeling bad lately.[br]Sometimes I get lost in the moment.
- Look at me! We can't go there now.[br]- Yes we can.
- Give me a ride home.[br]- Yes, It's starting to get late.
Drop me off at a gas station.[br]I'll grab a taxi from there.
Maybe I should call them[br]to tell them I'm sorry.
Good evening, this is Jean-Marc Faure,[br]We can't come, we're lost.
Hi, you have reached[br]Alice, Vincent, Mum and Dad.
We are not home.[br]Leave a message after the beep.
A I - Artificial Intelligence
Aap Ki Kasam
Abnormal Beauty (2004)
About Last Night
About Schmidt CD1
About Schmidt CD2
About a Boy (2002)
Absence of Malice (1981)
Abyss The - Special Edition
Accidental Spy The
Accidental Tourist The 1988
Ace Ventura - Pet Detective
Ace Ventura - When nature calls
Ace Ventura Pet Detective 1994
Achtung fertig Charlie
Acid House The (1998)
Adela jeste nevecerela
Adjuster The 1992
Adventures Of Priscilla Queen Of The Desert The CD1
Adventures Of Priscilla Queen Of The Desert The CD2
Adventures Of Robin Hood The
Adventures in Babysitting
Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across the 8th dimension
Adventures of Felix
Adventures of Ford Fairlane The
Adventures of Pluto Nash
Adversaire La (Nicole Garcia 2002)
Affair of the Necklace
Affair to Remember An 1957
Afraid to Die (Yasuzo Masumura 1960)
African Queen The
After Hours 1985
Against All Odds 1984 CD1
Against All Odds 1984 CD2
Against The Ropes CD1
Against The Ropes CD2
Age of Innocence The CD1
Age of Innocence The CD2
Agent Cody Bank 2
Agent Cody Banks
Agoniya (1981) Agony CD1
Agoniya (1981) Agony CD2
Aguirre der Zorn Gottes (1973)
Aguirre the Wrath of God
Ahi Esta El Detalle (1940) CD1
Ahi Esta El Detalle (1940) CD2
Ai no corrida 1976
Aimee and Jaguar
Airplane 2 - The Sequel
Akibiyori (Late Autumn 1960) CD1
Akibiyori (Late Autumn 1960) CD2
Akira - Limited Special Edition
Aladdin and The King Of Thiefs
Alarmist The 1997
Alex and Emma
Ali G Aiii (2000)
Ali G In Tha House
Alias 01x01 - Truth Be Told (Pilot)
Alias 01x02 - So It Begins
Alias 01x03 - Parity
Alias 01x04 - A Broken Heart
Alias 01x05 - Doppelganger
Alias 01x06 - Reckoning
Alias 01x07 - Color Blind
Alias 01x08 - Time Will Tell
Alias 01x09 - Mea Culpa
Alias 01x10 - Spirit
Alias 01x11 - The Confession
Alias 01x12 - The Box Part 1
Alias 01x13 - The Box Conclusion
Alias 01x14 - The Coup
Alias 01x15 - Page 47
Alias 01x16 - The Prophecy
Alias 01x17 - Q and A
Alias 01x18 - Masquerade
Alias 01x19 - Snowman
Alias 01x20 - The Solution
Alias 01x21 - Rendezvous
Alias 01x22 - Almost Thirty Years
Alias 02x01 - The Enemy Walks In
Alias 02x02 - Trust Me
Alias 02x11 - A Higher Echelon
Alias 02x12 - The Getaway
Alias 02x13 - Phase One
Alias 02x14 - Double Agent
Alias 02x15 - A Free Agent
Alias 02x16 - Firebomb
Alias 02x17 - A Dark Turn
Alias 02x18 - Truth Takes Time
Alias 02x19 - Endgame
Alias 02x20 - Countdown
Alias 02x21 - Second Double
Alias 02x22 - The Telling
Alias 3x01 - The two
Alias 3x02 - Succession
Alias 3x03 - Reunion
Alias 3x04 - A missing link
Alias 3x05 - Repercussions
Alias 3x06 - The nemesis
Alias 3x07 - Prelude
Alias 3x08 - Breaking point
Alias 3x09 - Conscious
Alias 3x10 - Remnants
Alias 3x11 - Full disclosure
Alias 3x12 - Crossings
Alias 3x13 - After six
Alias 3x14 - Blowback
Alias 3x15 - Facade
Alias 3x16 - Taken
Alias 3x17 - The frame
Alias 3x18 - Unveiled
Alias 3x19 - Hourglass
Alias 3x20 - Blood ties
Alias 3x21 - Legacy
Alias 3x22 - Resurrection
Alice Doesnt Live Here Anymore 1974 CD1
Alice Doesnt Live Here Anymore 1974 CD2
Alice et Martin 1998 CD1
Alice et Martin 1998 CD2
Alice in Wonderland
Alices Adventures in Wonderland
Alien Directors Cut
Alien Resurrection 1997 CD1
Alien Resurrection 1997 CD2
Alien Vs Predator
Aliens (special edition) 1986 CD1
Aliens (special edition) 1986 CD2
All About Eve
All About Lily Chou-Chou CD1
All About Lily Chou-Chou CD2
All About My Father (Alt Om Min Far)
All I Want for Christmas 1991
All Night Long
All That Heaven Allows
All The Kings Men
All The Pretty Horses 23.976fps
All the Little Animals 1998
Alladin and the Wonderful Lamp
Allegro non troppo
Alliance garden state
Along Came Polly
Along came a spider
Alt Om Min Far (All About My Father)
Alvarez Kelly CD1
Alvarez Kelly CD2
Alzheimer Case The (2003) CD1
Alzheimer Case The (2003) CD2
Amantes del Circulo Polar Los (1998)
Amants Criminels Les
Amar Akbar Anthony - Manmohan Desai 1977 CD1
Amar Akbar Anthony - Manmohan Desai 1977 CD2
Amelie From Montmartre CD1
Amelie From Montmartre CD2
Amelie or The Time To Love CD1
Amelie or The Time To Love CD2
American Movie - The Making Of Northwestern CD1
American Movie - The Making Of Northwestern CD2
American Pie (UK)
American Pie - Rated Version
American Pie 2
American Wedding (Unrated)
American Werewolf in London CD1
American Werewolf in London CD2
American in Paris An
Americas Sweethearts (2001)
Amerikanische Soldat Der (1970)
Amic-Amat (Beloved-Friend 1999)
Amiche Le 1955
Amityville 2 - The Possession 1982
Amityville 3 - The Demon 1983
Amityville 4 - The Evil Escapes 1989
Amityville Horror 5 - The Curse 1990
Amityville Horror 6 - Its About Time (1992)
Amityville Horror The CD1
Amityville Horror The CD2
Amor Brujo El (Carlos Saura 1986)
Amour en Fuite L
Amour en fuite Le 1979
An American Werewolf in Paris
An Autumn Afternoon 1962
Anacondas - The Hunt For The Blood Orchid
Analyze That (2002)
Analyze This (1999)
Anatomie 2 2003
Anatomy of a Murder 1959 CD1
Anatomy of a Murder 1959 CD2
And Starring Pancho Villa as Himself
And God Created Woman
And Starring Pancho Villa as Himself
Andaz Apna Apna
Andrei Rublev 1969 Directors Cut CD1
Andrei Rublev 1969 Directors Cut CD2
Angel Heart Devil Face
Angels In America - Chapter 1
Angels In America - Chapter 2
Angels In America - Chapter 3
Angels In America - Chapter 4
Angels In America - Chapter 5
Angels In America - Chapter 6
Angels With Dirty Faces 1938
Angels of the Universe
Anglaise et le duc La (Rohmer Eric 2001)
Animals Are Beautiful People
Anna In Kungfu Land 2003
Anne Frank - The Whole Story CD1
Anne Frank - The Whole Story CD2
Annie Get Your Gun
Annie Hall 1977
Anniversary Party The
Another 48 Hours
Another Heaven CD1
Another Heaven CD2
Any Given Sunday
Anywhere But Here
Apartment The CD1
Apartment The CD2
Apocalypse Now - Redux
Apollo 13 CD1
Apollo 13 CD2
Apollo 13 CD3
Appartement Le 1996 CD1
Appartement Le 1996 CD2
April Fools Day
Architekten Die 1990
Arizona Dream CD1
Arizona Dream CD2
Armata Brancaleone Le
Arme des ombres Le (Jean-Pierre Melville 1969) CD1
Arme des ombres Le (Jean-Pierre Melville 1969) CD2
Army in the Shadows 1969 CD1
Army in the Shadows 1969 CD2
Aro Tolbukhin En la Mente del Asesino (Agustin Villaronga 2002)
Around The World In 80 Days 2004 CD1
Around The World In 80 Days 2004 CD2
Around The World In 80 Days CD1
Around The World In 80 Days CD2
Arsenic And Old Lace 1944
Art Of War The
Arven (2003) CD1
Arven (2003) CD2
As Long As My Feet Will Carry Me CD1
As Long As My Feet Will Carry Me CD2
As bodas de Deus (1998) CD1
As bodas de Deus (1998) CD2
Asphalt Jungle The
Asterix In Britain 1986
Asterix and Obelix Mission Cleopatra 2002
At Close Range
At Kende Sanheden
Atlantis - The Lost Empire
Atlantis Milos Return 2003
Atlantis The Lost Empire
Attack The Gas Station
Au Hasard Balthazar
Audition The (1999 Japanese)
Austin Powers - International Man Of Mystery
Austin Powers - The Spy Who Shagged Me
Austin Powers I
Austin Powers in Goldmember
Autumn Sonata 1978
Avenging Fist The
Aventuras de Robinson Crusoe Las
Avventura La 1960 CD1
Avventura La 1960 CD2
Awara Paagal Deewana
Awful Truth The
Azul y Blanco
Azumi 2003 CD1
Azumi 2003 CD2