Shadows and Fog
- (men banging) - Kleinman, open up!
- Kleinman! - We know you're in there!
Come on, Kleinman!
l'm coming! l'm coming!
- For God's sake, Kleinman. Are you deaf? - What do you mean? What's going on?
- We need you. Get dressed. - Why?
- Don't play ignorant. - l was in a deep sleep.
- We expect the killer to strike tonight. - What killer?
- The strangler. - What strangler?
The maniac who killed Eisler's son and choked Jensen with the piano wire.
Jensen? The... the... the big night watchman?
That's right. Took him from behind.
Crept up, got him by the throat. He was blue when we found him.
Saliva frozen down the corner of his mouth.
Well, look, l've gotta be up early tomorrow for work, so...
Don't play dumb. Tonight's a foggy night. He always strikes in the fog.
Yeah, but, you see, this is a very busy time for me in my firm.
l'm in competition for a promotion with Simon Carr.
Don't you know no one can walk the streets at night?
And the Quilty sisters were killed in their own home...
..because they didn't lock the door, throats cut from ear to ear.
- You said he was a strangler. - Does it matter how he kills?!
What is he getting so angry for? OK, OK.
- There's no motive? - So you know about it.
Well, you know, l hear, now and then, a drib and drab.
- He hears what he wants to hear. - Get dressed.
- This is police business. - They've had their chance.
- We're taking it into our own hands. - That's scary.
- You're one of us, aren't you? - l'm definitely one of you.
- What do you want me to do? - We have a plan to trap him.
- What kind of plan? - lt's Hacker's. He should tell it.
You'll find out your assignment. Get dressed.
- What do you mean? - Meet you downstairs in five minutes.
My theory is, it's someone that we all know,...
..someone we work next to or go to church with.
He lurks in the shadows, waiting to pounce.
But, you see, l was in a deep sleep, so... so l was...
What is this plan? How can l be of help?
Kleinman. Kleinman. ln, in, in, in.
- l brought you some pepper. - Pepper?
l overheard everything. lf you're caught by the maniac, blow pepper in his eyes.
Very good. l'll ward him off with a seasoning. This is ridiculous!
- l'm petrified. l'm not gonna go out... - Be a man, Kleinman.
Be a man? Suddenly, in the middle of the night, l gotta put on a suit and a tie and...
What do you need a tie for? You're going to hunt for a homicidal maniac.
Do l know who l'll run into out there? What if l see my boss?
Mr Paulsen is funny that way.
There's a big competition between me and Simon Carr for this promotion.
What are you killing yourself for? What does it mean? An extra few dollars?
No, l told you. lt isn't the money. l wanna amount to something.
Why should Carr get the promotion? Because he takes Paulsen to dinner?
You're too frightened of Mr Paulsen. You cringe in front of him like a worm.
Well, he makes me nervous. And l don't cringe.
- Calling him ''Your Majesty'' is cringing. - Stop it. l don't like this.
l don't wanna go out. l was in a nice warm bed. Suddenly l'm part of a plan.
Come to your senses and marry me. You could tell your boss to stuff it...
- ..and you'd own half of this whole place. - l'm not gonna marry you.
- l have a fiancée. - Some fiancée.
Eve wants you for an ornament, if you get the promotion.
Don't talk about Eve. l don't wanna discuss this.
- Eve is a lovely creature. - Eve treats you like scum. Be careful.
l'd hate for them to find you in an alley with your throat slit from ear to ear.
Don't worry about that. He mostly strangles.
Gee, it´s empty.
Where is everybody?
They´re supposed to be here.
Where the hell´d they go?
The street´s so desolate.
l don´t like this. l wanna get back into bed. l can´t do that, though.
lfsomething goes wrong with their plan, they´ll say it´s my fault.
l'm an artist. Every town we played in, l'd get huge laughs. And here, nothing.
l mean, no one comes, and the few that do just sit there stonefaced.
l know. l was very little appreciated myself. None of us were.
- Your specialty is quite different to mine. - l don't know about that.
You can tell a lot about an audience by how they respond to a sword-swallower.
Nothing is more terrifying than attempting to make people laugh, and failing.
Why do we put up with it? When we pull out tomorrow,...
..why don't we just tell Danzig we're quitting?
- To do what? - Well, settle down.
Where we don't have to travel all the time, where it's not such a gruelling life.
Get married, you know. Live like other people.
We're not like other people. We're artists.
With great talent comes responsibility.
But it would be so nice. You could find a job someplace.
Doing what? Collecting other people's refuse? Sweeping the streets?
Of course not! No, you're clever. Somebody'd give you an opportunity.
But l have a rare opportunity now, to make people laugh.
To make them forget their sad lives.
Listen, it's not my fault that this stupid travelling show...
..is completely mismanaged.
l'm sure Danzig steals... every cent of profit.
- l wanna have a baby. - We're going to, but not right now.
A family? That's death to the artist. l need peace and quiet.
l mean, you know, my mind, it's funny...
lt's just constantly filled with...
..new routines, ideas, gags, brilliant and creative twists.
Why don't you tell the truth? You don't want to get married.
So you can play cards and flirt with all the adoring ladies.
- That's not true. - Oh, yes, it is.
l have to make a name for myself first.
- (sobs) - We will get marr...
- l love you. - No. You keep promising.
But soon it's gonna be too late for me to have a baby.
- Listen, l'll talk to Danzig. - You don't mean it.
l do mean it. Stop. You know l can't stand that.
(woman) The audience was too quiet tonight.
l felt sorry for you.
You're the only one they seem to like.
Yeah, but l have my little tricks for seducing them.
What are you doing wandering around out here?
l was on my way to speak to Danzig.
Like lrish whiskey?
Yes, but my doctor says it's very bad for my stomach.
That's too bad.
lt's... probably relaxing.
The most voluptuous woman in the circus.
lt would be my luck she'd be married to the strongman.
Don't worry about Peter. He's had a gallon of this already.
(clown) You know, sometimes when you're up on the high wire, l look at you.
You look so...
How hungry are you now?
l'm always famished after a performance. And you?
l can never sleep on an empty stomach.
Do you have a taste for anything special?
l'm not fussy. l eat what you put in front of me.
And you're sure your husband won't wake up?
l mean, l have seen what he does to iron bars.
Nothing wakes Peter up.
Certainly not the sound of two people moaning.
Oh, you...! Thank God l saw you come in here!
- Rat! You rat! - (clown) lrmy!
You said you were going to Danzig! You were supposed to go to Danzig!
- Sh! My husband. - Damn you!
- Wait! We were talking about acrobatics! - Acrobatics!
l was showing him how to do a backbend.
You never take your eyes off her. You're always standing under her trapeze,...
..looking up her legs. l see you!
- Because we're planning this routine. - Sure you are!
What do you take me for anyway? And l wanted to have a baby with you.
l know. We'll continue this later.
- l know, but l don't wanna have a baby. - You are such a pig!
- l told you... - You are a pig.
- l told you a thousand times. - l don't want a baby with you anyway.
lf you were the last man on earth, l don't want a baby with you.
You're never gonna have to see me again!
Good! Good riddance!
l like my freedom.
- What do you want, Kleinman? - Doctor, l'm sorry.
Can l come in, just for a minute? Would it be possible? l have a question.
- (Kleinman) Are you in on the plan? - Of course l am.
- Didn't you think l would be? - l wanna find out my assignment.
- Please, don't disturb anything. - No, l wouldn't think of it.
l just wanna find out my participation in the plan, you know.
Of course, l wouldn't mind having a little drink.
- A drink? - You know, the fog. lt's a little damp.
So l, you know...
But not if it's an imposition.
l've never been here before. This is an interesting...
l'm performing an unusual amount of autopsies these days.
Yes, l'm sure. That's probably what accounts for...
..so many of those human fingers lying around. You don't generally see that.
l guess the maid doesn't get in that often to straighten up, so...
My interest in all this murder business is entirely scientific.
l'm sure, l'm sure.
l'm determined to use this opportunity to find out something definitive about...
..the nature of evil.
(doctor) Why is the killer the way he is?
Sometimes certain impulses that can drive an insane man to murder...
..inspire others to highly creative ends.
Once l have him here, on this table,...
..dismembered and scrutinised in minute detail,...
..l shall know the answer with certainty to questions...
..that now l can only speculate on.
Yeah, but it's not possible that under the microscope...
..there's something that you could never see?
What are you implying? A spiritual element?
A soul that lives on after we're dead?
Ask him if there's anything else.
What are you thinking now?
l just must remember next time l go out to a restaurant...
..not to order the sweetbreads.
Kleinman, you'd better go.
The time is growing very short.
So there's nothing you can tell me about my participation in the plan?
The doctor was no help at all.
This is ridiculous. Where is everybody?
Unless... this is part of the plan.
Maybe they have me under surveillance.
lf anything bad happens, they'll come running out and grab me.
Unless they don´t come running out.
But they could never think that l'd be any match for a maniac.
A deranged person is supposed to have the strength of ten men.
l have the strength of... one small boy...
Quiet, quiet, quiet!
lt's Bretschneider. He's been strangled.
The killer may still be near.
(Kleinman) Poor Bretschneider.
He had no enemies.
- (coughing) - (gasps)
- (woman) Don't be afraid. - Oh!
- l'm sorry l scared you. - Oh, you... you really did scare me.
l didn't see you standing there in the shadows.
lt's such a foggy night.
l was just going into town.
You should be indoors. lt's not safe.
- (smashing glass) - l don't care.
What was that?
l don't know.
What are you doing out here tonight?
l'm used to the streets. lt's how l make my living.
What do you do?
Oh, l... l work with the circus.
Well, you should have stayed there. Don't you know what's lurking in this fog?
l'm never going back.
Oh, l see.
- That's how it is. - Except l have no place to sleep.
And l'm getting cold.
- l'll find you a place at the house. - The house?
- The whorehouse. - Me?
lt's warm. You'll get something to eat. lt's a lot safer in there than it is out here.
Come on. Stop looking at me like that. You'll have your privacy.
Hi, everybody. This is lrmy. She's with the circus. She needs a place to flop tonight.
- What do you do in the circus, huh? - l'm a sword-swallower.
A sword-swallower? That's my specialty too.
- She's good at everything. - Hungry?
- Yes, starving. - Good. Just in time for dinner.
We got some stew. Come on.
- l don't mind spanking them. - l do.
But when l have to speak in the nanny's voice...
The strangest one l ever had was when l had to make believe that l was twins.
- l've never worked so hard. - He should've hired the Beckman sisters.
- They cost a fortune, though. - They're on call to a sultan in Morocco.
Why would any man want identical whores?
lf you're gonna hire two women, wouldn't you want variety?
The worst was the businessman from Budapest and his crazy fantasies.
He sent me out at 3am to see if l could buy six pounds of butter.
l had to walk him on a leash.
They all look so innocent and dignified when they walk in here, don't they?
Then you hear the things they want you to do.
- l think this is shocking lrmy. - No, no, no. Not at all. No. l was just...
l was just thinking that, for me, l just don't think it would be possible...
..for me to just take money from someone and then pretend to feel passion.
- l just don't think l could do it. - l never thought l could either.
Till my husband needed an operation.
- You're married? - Yeah. l was.
After he pulled through, realised how l'd paid the hospital, he left me.
- Good riddance. - Yeah, good riddance.
(lrmy) So the customers don't mind that it's just all mechanical?
Without any feeling or anything?
Mind? Ours is the only business that hasn't been affected by the killings.
There's only one thing men will brave murder for.
- That little furry animal between our legs. - Let me tell you something.
Men and women want very different things out of sex.
They've never forgiven each other.
(lrmy) Where would you say love came in?
There's only one kind of love that lasts - unrequited love. lt stays with you for ever.
- You take it from me. - Oh, Dorry! You're pitiful.
- You don't mean that. - l do.
- She's just bitter about marriage. - l am not bitter.
Yeah, you are!
Marriage. Let me tell you gals somethin' about marriage.
You gotta work at marriage, like anything else.
- A good marriage takes a lot of work. - When it starts feeling like work, it's over.
- lt's all luck. - l hope not.
lt's all luck. We're all so dependent on luck.
l would rather not admit that, if you don't mind.
How can it all be luck?
Well, let's say this guy likes to be sat on -
..l'm serious - and ridden around the room by a naked woman...
..who keeps digging her spurs into his... into his side.
Yeah, Dorry. Show her your spurs, Dorry.
He meets maybe 50 women and when he tells them, they faint or they laugh.
- Or both. - (Dorry) And then they die.
Maybe a few good sports do it just to please him,...
..but sooner or later they say ''What the hell is this?''
''l'm riding around on a man's back.''
''This is insane.''
''And my spurs are getting, you know, blunt.''
And then one day he meets a woman who gets her own erotic pleasure...
..by putting on spurs and riding men around.
lt's a marriage made in heaven. Sheer bliss.
- Paul's... - But what are their chances?
My boyfriend, Paul, he's really sweet.
lt's just that he's an artist, you know.
And a family's death to an artist.
l can understand that.
l'm sure you'd all find him very funny. He's... really something.
Except when l see him out there, in his make-up, just getting knocked around...
..and falling into a big tub of water, with all the people laughing,...
..l can only think he must have suffered so to act like that.
Finally! The rent.
There's more in back. We're just the welcoming committee.
Does that mean that l have my choice?
- Your credit's always good, Jack. - Who's the new girl?
She doesn't work here.
- God, she's beautiful. - She doesn't work here, Jack.
l want her.
l'll give you anything you want.
- Me? - Mm.
- No, l'm just spending the night here. - Well, that's all l plan to do.
- l'll give you $20. - l'm afraid not.
- 50. - Sorry.
- 50. - Not that l'm not flattered.
lt's very nice of you.
- $100. - Jack, she's not a professional.
These rich crazies!
University students. They wear you out before you get to the back room.
l'll give you $500 to spend an hour with me.
l'll spend the rest of the year with you for $500.
- That is an exorbitant sum. - You're worth it.
How do you know? l might be very disappointing.
- 600. Cash. - What's wrong with you? Can't you hear?
- She said she wasn't interested. - (lrmy) You just might be a little drunk.
You're the most desirable woman l've ever met. l wanna make love to you. $700.
- You can have all of us for 700. - (Dorry) We'll even throw in the dog, too.
- $700, all l won in cards. lt's for you. - Jack, you're making a fool of yourself.
Some people can't be bought, not for any amount of money.
You're really the most sensual woman l've ever seen. lt's a quick $700.
Go right there in the back room.
What do you say?
Let me see the 700.
Can we use the back room?
- How did you get in? - Did you think you could keep me out?
So l'm the next on your list?
l can't quite see your face.
What difference does that make?
Do you think l fear you?
Does that give you pleasure?
Although l admit...
..l was taken a little bit by surprise.
l see... you're very determined.
And yet l feel no fear,...
- ..only pity for you. - You mean for you.
Why are you doing this?
What a foolish question to ask an irrational mind.
- What do you know about my mind? - l know that if l were to examine...
..the inside of your brain,...
..l should find chaos.
And yet l am anxious to know where insanity stops and evil begins.
(killer) So many questions.
Well, you're $700 richer.
You can start a new life.
God, l'm thirsty.
You were wonderful.
lt's not necessary that l be wonderful. l was paying.
Listen, tell me the truth.
Did you close your eyes and grit your teeth and think of the cash?
Well, at first l did, yes.
But then l think l just relaxed into it.
Now l feel so strange, though.
Strange in what way?
l don't know. Not like me.
Not like you.
Or was it the real you for the first time?
Come on. Where's the next one?
Come on. Hurry up.
- What is this? What's going on? - Social undesirables.
The police said they may be involved in the killings.
That's the Mintz family. l know them. They're lovely people.
He does quality circumcisions. l've seen his work.
lf l were you, l'd mind my own business.
Well, this is crazy. They can't be responsible for the killings.
l'm gonna speak to the chief of police.
My theory is that if they take them to jail, all these killings might stop.
Kleinman. Did you wanna speak to me?
- Would that be possible? - Sit down.
- Thank you. - You're up rather late.
- l know. - Don't you have to work tomorrow?
Yes, l do have to go to work, but l...
You're not involved with one of those street gangs?
No. The vigilantes?
Oh, you know?
Well, you hear stories, but...
- l'm against them. - l am too.
What did you want? l'm very busy.
l don't wanna take up any of your time. l just wanted to discuss the Mintz family.
Oh, yes. Unfortunate. There may be a connection between all these killings...
..and certain well-poisoning incidents. You understand.
But those accusations are so wrong. l mean, they're just not true.
Maybe they are, maybe they're not. What do you know about it?
l don't know anything. l myself have no personal knowledge of anything.
- But the Mintzes are lovely people. - Don't look so apprehensive, Kleinman.
lt'll probably never go any deeper than the more orthodox elements.
- Nobody's guilty of anything. - Kleinman, there's pressure on me...
..to get to the bottom of the killings. Not worried, are you?
No one lumps you in with the Mintzes. You're fine. So don't get your nose dirty.
Besides, l have my own theories about what's going on.
The doctor's been murdered.
We think there may be someone trying to copy the murderer.
We found a glass with fingerprints on it.
- What kind? - Sherry glass.
- How many prints? - A lot.
- Prints on the glass? - Fingerprints all over the glass.
OK, l'm coming. You don't have to push me. Will you just let go of me?
How many times do l have to tell you? l don't work at the brothel!
- What's this? - Turning tricks at Felice's place.
- l work at the circus. - Stand there. She's loaded with cash.
- Where's a dame like you get big money? - Well, l...
Yeah, we know. What did you do? The whole regiment?
- Very funny. l work at the circus. - You'd think they'd cool off with all this.
l haven't seen you before, so l'm gonna go easy on you. $50 fine.
- l don't work at the brothel. - Uh-huh?
OK, OK. Here.
$50. $50. OK. But l don't work at the brothel.
- Let me give you a piece of advice. - Can l go home now?
You don't solicit without a licence. We like things hygienic and well-regulated.
- l'll do a receipt. - l don't need a licence.
- What's your name? - lrmy.
- How do you spell it? - l-r-m-y. l don't need a licence.
Just pipe down. You're not getting a licence. You're getting a receipt.
- You work here, you need a licence. - This is ridiculous.
- (lrmy) What are you staring at? - Me?
- l'm not a whore. - What did l say?
Do l care what your hobbies are?
l... l'm just... You know...
- Are you all right? - Yeah.
lt's not safe to be out on the street tonight.
- Then what are you doing out? - l'm part of a citizens' committee...
..to patrol the streets, so it's OK for me.
- Are you from around here? - No, l'm with the circus.
The circus? Really?
l saw the circus. Which one are you?
- l'm the sword-swallower. - l didn't recognise you.
- You look completely different. - l know.
l wear a beautiful costume and my hair is different.
l went to see Almstead the magician because he's a favourite of mine.
l'm an amateur magician myself. Just something l do in my spare time.
- l idolise him. He's a great artist. - Yeah, he's an artist... when he's sober.
- Well, you know... - ls there a hotel around here?
- l had a fight with my boyfriend. - lt's late.
So when you have the sword down your throat,...
..what happens if you get hiccups?
Jesus. l don't know my way around this part of town.
l don't think there's gonna be a hotel open at this hour.
l'll wake up my fiancée and you could sleep on the sofa.
- l don't wanna wake anyone up. - She would be glad to.
You know, it's... it's so foggy.
He strikes in the fog, you know.
- You didn't hear anything, did you? - You're so tense.
Well, l'm usually in bed, you know, this time of night.
What would you do if you came face to face with the killer?
l'd throw pepper in his eyes.
My landlady put some pepper in my pocket.
- l think l could handle myself. - Kleinman!
- What are you doing here? - Oh, my God! You scared me.
- Who is she? - She's just a friend.
- Do you happen to know my assignment? - Who gave you permission to socialise?
l'm not socialising. Maybe you recognise her. She's with the circus.
She's the sword-swallower.
She's unescorted. l was just walking next to her.
- We're getting closer to the zero hour. - Yeah? So what do l do?
- Don't you know? - No. That's the point.
You got me up, and no one's told me what l'm supposed to do.
l swear, if anyone is killed or hurt as a result of your incompetence...
l don't know enough to be incompetent. They don't tell me what...
Don't make a noise, and listen to me. There is someone lurking up the alley.
Shall l just start weeping or would you like me to break into a run?
- We can trap whoever it is. - No! l don't wanna trap anybody.
We'll get reinforcements.
What they say about you isn't true, is it?
You're not really a coward or a worm or a yellow-belly?
No, but keep going. You're in the right column.
l'll circle around the block. You head up the alley.
- l don't wanna do this. This is trouble. - l can go with you.
No! She's gonna go with me! What good are you? You're a small woman.
You go first. lt'll throw his timing off if he sees a body.
Go on, Kleinman. lt'll take me a moment or two to get round the other side.
(Kleinman) Keep ahead of me.
Those are my knees knocking.
Stay calm. The trick is not to show fear.
(lrmy) There he is! Look!
Grab him! Grab him!
- Kleinman! - Mr Paulsen!
- You know him? - This is my boss.
- What are you doing? - l'm part of the plan, Your Grace.
- Why did you attack me? - l thought...
- ''Thought''? Since when do you think? - Yes, you're right, Your Majesty.
l had a suspicion you were incompetent, hiding behind your co-workers.
Don't let him talk to you like that! He was peeping at that woman getting undressed!
- How dare you! - Don't listen to her, sir.
- She's swallowed sharp objects. - Don't be a doormat for a Peeping Tom.
- This is my boss. - To think that l was undecided...
- ..about your abilities versus Simon Carr. - What can l say? You looked dangerous.
- l didn't know you were peeping. - What about your function in the plan?
- l don't know my function. - You unreliable simpleton!
- Don't call him a simpleton. - lt was well put.
- You're a disgusting old man! - No, don't say that. Go away, Miss.
Whoever you are, go away. Go away, go away. Leave us alone.
Paulsen? You gave us quite a scare. l sent Kleinman round here to check you out.
He was just looking in the window.
- Mark my words: he'll be a detriment. - No, sir. Don't say that.
- Let me block your hat. - Give me that!
He's always been a liability with my firm. l'm only just beginning to realise it.
Mr Paulsen, l didn't mean it! You...
- We're closing. - Just one beer? Please?
Did anyone see a blonde woman wandering around alone?
Oh, mercy. We never know when we have a good thing.
We always have to ruin it.
l know exactly how you feel.
The earthly paradise known as woman.
All we'll ever know of heaven.
All we need know of hell.
l made love to a woman tonight that was sheer perfection.
lt was in a brothel, but somehow this one didn't have that used, jaded quality.
l never do it with whores. You start out with a burning desire...
..and end up the next day with a burning sensation, if you know what l mean.
Yes, but this one was so irresistible.
Sweet and innocent.
But under the sheets... a tigress.
A violent, screaming, passionate jungle cat.
- You mean a good actress. - She swore not.
Well, you're very young, my friend. Very naive.
- She dug her nails into my back. - l'm sure.
And then she yelled ''Don't stop!''
Yes. And stuck her tongue inside my mouth and wiggled it around.
l'm sure it was well worth the $20.
20? l paid her 700.
Yeah. Yeah, sure. Tell me another one.
l'm afraid you've never made love with a sword-swallower.
l beg your pardon?
She claims she never took money before. lf she was acting, she should win a prize.
lt's true l put on a heroic performance, if l do say so myself.
She brought out the stallion in me.
And when she said she loved it, l believe she was sincere.
l think she's got a lover who doesn't service her too well, you know?
Some poor clown.
But l showed her what a good one felt like.
What's wrong? You look incredulous.
l swear, the dirtier l got, the more she screamed.
l gave her the best time she's had in years, and l believe she loved it.
Not that l have any further urge for her, you know.
The difference between love and lust, l guess.
When my friend wakes up, tell him l went back to Felice's.
This is crazy. Can't l talk you out of it?
No, l don't want it. l want the church to have it, all of it.
- But you're talking about $700. - $650. l had to pay a fine.
But it's your money.
- Why give it away? - Because l'm ashamed of the way l got it.
- Listen, l'm sure you didn't steal it. - No. l slept with somebody for it.
Just one person. Does that make me a whore?
Well, only by the dictionary definition.
- Anyway, l'm giving it to the church. - Yeah, but that seems so silly.
lt's work, you know. l'm sure you didn't do it for fun.
No. But you know something? lt turned out to be fun.
Here. Would you take it in there for me and give it to them? For the poor.
l just can't bring myself to go in there tonight.
Please? Come on.
- Yes? - l just need a minute of your time.
l think you can see that we're busy.
- l just... Just for one... - Put Kramer's name on the list.
Have you seen his sketches and his photo studies?
Just for a minute, if l might have your attention...
Didn't you hear him say we're busy?
- Are you Kleinman? - Yes. Yes, l am. Yes.
Why is he putting my name on the list?
- You've been warned twice now. - What is this list? Might l just ask?
- l have a donation to make. - The poor box is in the front.
No, this doesn't fit in the poor box.
- Kleinman, you want me to take you in? - No, no, no. l have $650.
- $650. - lt's not stolen. He thinks it's stolen.
- Where did you get it? - My friend said l should donate it.
- Where did your friend get it? - We don't have to pry excessively.
We humbly accept this token from the faithful.
And l think that we know how to show gratitude...
..when someone performs an act of charity.
(priest) Manna for the poor.
- (lrmy) Did you do it? - (Kleinman) Yeah, l took care of it.
- l feel so much better now. - Good.
Are you a religious person?
Me? No, l'm not. You're the second person tonight to ask that.
The doctor - may he rest in peace - wanted to know.
- Do you pray ever? - No.
My people pray in a different language, so l never understood.
For all l know, they were requesting their own troubles.
- (baby crying) - (woman) Help me.
Please help me.
- Help. - (lrmy) Are you all right?
- (Kleinman) Who is that? - l'm hungry.
l need to buy food and milk.
My husband is dead.
- l'm alone. - We're friends.
You know, you're among friends.
Go back and get some of the money back.
- What are you talking about? - l want her to have half of it.
- l can't. l just gave them the money. - So what? Just ask for half back.
You just gave it to them. They give it to the poor, don't they?
Well, theoretically they do, but a lot of it is used...
..to buy costumes and velvet pillows and stuff.
My friend asked me if l could possibly come...
..and just have half the money back that l gave you. Just $300. lt would...
Kleinman. ls that with an ''ei'' or an ''ie''?
Put a circle around it.
Eve. Eve, open up.
Eve. Eve, it's an emergency.
- lt's me. lt's Max. - (lrmy) This is a bad idea.
No, she's a wonderful girl. Very intelligent.
What are doing here at this hour? Who is this?
- Can we come in? - What's going on?
She's a friend of mine. She has no place to sleep.
- l told her she could sleep on your sofa. - You did?
(lrmy) We're sorry. lt's much too much of an imposition.
You dare to wake me out of a deep sleep...
..so that some complete stranger can sleep on my sofa?
She's not a complete stranger. She's a friend.
Eve, l personally vouch for her.
l apologise, Miss.
- Kleinman, have you been drinking? - Have l been...?
- When do l ever drink? - Since when is she your friend?
Since tonight. l met her at the police headquarters.
They brought her in when they raided the brothel.
lt's not what it sounds like. Everybody makes one mistake now and then.
Kleinman, what are you doing out at this hour?
l'm part of a vigilante committee to help catch the maniac.
By doing what?
l don't exactly know.
Go home, Kleinman. And take your friend with you.
You've got some nerve. We'll discuss this in the morning.
(Kleinman) Boy, Eve is a cold fish.
There. l said it.
(lrmy) ls it hard for you to admit certain things to yourself?
Usually it is, yes. But for some reason tonight is different.
You know, it's a strange feeling to be up at this hour.
The city is so odd when everybody's asleep.
lt's like a different place completely. There's no civilisation.
The stores are closed. You know, it's so free.
lt's an odd feeling for me.
l feel l could run down the street naked and nobody would...
(lrmy) lt has a really free feeling.
(Kleinman) l've never seen it from up here, never taken the time to look.
lt's so pretty. Some of the stars are beginning to come up.
The fog is just breaking a tiny bit.
(lrmy) You see that very bright star up in that direction?
For all we know, that star could have disappeared a million years ago,...
..and it's taken the light from it a million years to reach us.
So what are you saying? That star is not there?
That it might not be there.
Even though l can see it with my own eyes?
That's a very disquieting thought, you know.
When l see something, l like to know that it's actually there.
Otherwise a person could sit down in a chair and break his neck.
You have to be able to rely on things. lt's very important.
You know who has these thoughts? Schultz the tailor.
He thinks nothing is real at all,...
..and that everything exists only in the dream of a dog.
But this is real, isn't it?
And beautiful. Just think about it for a minute.
Here we are, we're two strangers, and we're out in the night, and it's just...
..so peaceful and quiet.
Suddenly there's a little clearing in the fog and we can see right out to the stars.
Doesn't this moment just seem perfect?
Yes, but, you know, it... it... passes so quickly.
Look. Even now the fog is starting to go back in.
Everything's always moving all the time.
Everything's constantly in motion, so it's no wonder that l'm nauseous.
My father used to say ''We're all happy if we only knew it.''
Kleinman! We've been looking all over for you.
l've been wandering around in the fog. l'm waiting for Hacker to tell me what to do.
- Hacker's dead. - The killer got Hacker?
- Hacker wasn't murdered by the maniac. - Well, who then?
- Someone from the other faction. - Since when did we have other factions?
People have their own ideas about how to achieve results.
Naturally, there's tension. Miller formed his own group.
- But so quickly it becomes violent? - Hacker asked for it.
He was stubborn and hot-headed, despite the fact that his plan wasn't working.
You sound like you didn't agree with him either.
- l'm with Vogel's group. - Who's Vogel?
Since when is there a third group?
There's disagreement on how to handle things!
The last thing we need is disagreement. We should be...
Don't lecture me, Kleinman! Are you with us or against us?
l don't know. l don't have enough facts so l can choose.
Now listen, Kleinman.
Lives are at stake. You have to make a choice!
You can't threaten him! Don't take this from him!
- She's starting already. - Who's this?
There you are. Where the hell have you been?
Where have you been? You wake me in the middle of the night.
- Now l hear Hacker's dead. - You wandered off when we needed you.
- You didn't tell me anything. - Kleinman's joined our faction.
- ls that true, Kleinman? - No. Look, we have to cooperate.
- Are you with them or us? - l don't know. How can l know?
l don't know what the alternatives are.
ls one apples, is one pears? Are they both tangerines?
Let's kill him before he gives everything away.
l don't know anything. l can't give anything away.
We're here arguing and there's an enemy out there killing us.
Soon we're gonna do his killing for him.
- The murderer! - He believes he's located the guilty party.
lt's Spiro, the great clairvoyant.
l've heard of him. He's solved a lot of cases.
They say all he needs is something to sniff or feel.
He's solved some kidnappings.
Mr Spiro is on the verge of revealing the killer.
Mr Spiro wishes to sniff you.
- Me? - Yes.
- Well, how come? - lt's enough he wishes it.
No! No, don't let him do it.
Hey, wasn't that woman booked on prostitution charges earlier tonight?
- Come on, Kleinman. - l don't wanna get sniffed.
- l don't wanna be sniffed! No! - Stand still.
- Go ahead, sniff away. - This is crazy. Why should he sniff me?
What is this man sniffing?
lt's probably cheese, cos tonight was the night l changed the traps in the bedroom.
- Frightened? - l'm not frightened.
This is unfair. Kleinman, stand up for your rights!
l know what he's sniffing. lt's salad dressing.
l spilled salad dressing on myself this evening.
My landlady cooks for me, so she made me a nice salad with a little whitefish.
She makes beautiful whitefish. l can't have meat...
- Shut up! - This man has something in his pocket.
Mr Spiro has done it again.
- Look in his pocket. - l have nothing. There's nothing.
Check his inside pocket.
This was stolen from police headquarters earlier tonight.
- This is stolen property. - l carry a glass with me. l get thirsty.
- l like to have, you know, occasionally... - We've trapped him!
Why'd you do it? You killed the doctor!
Do what? You believe this guy from smelling me?
Mr Spiro's uncanny power has never failed him yet.
Why would l kill the doctor? The man took out my gall bladder.
- With my consent. - Don't expect him to make sense.
That's how it is with a psychopath. They can be logical on every point except one:
Their weakness, their point of insanity.
- And Kleinman's always so damn logical. - This is a joke, isn't it?
We're all reasonable, normal, rational people, right?
Tell me where you got this.
Once again l thank the Lord for the special gift...
..he has seen fit to bestow on me.
l say we make an example of him. Who has a rope?
No, you can't do this! Kleinman, defend yourself!
- They're picking on me. - How do you plead, Kleinman?
Not guilty! l plead not guilty. l never did anything in my life to deserve any trouble.
- lf anything, l deserve a bonus. - Come on! Let's get him.
Where'd he get that pepper?
Let me in. lt's Max.
- Who is it? - Max. Max.
- Max. Let me in. - Max?
Yes! l have to come in. They're after me.
Stop staring at me. l'm not a ghost. Not yet, although they're trying to kill me.
- Who? - There's a mob.
And you dare to come here?
What could l do? l'm running for my life, and l saw your place and, you know, l...
Whatever they think about you, l'm sure you're guilty of it.
Alma, is it possible that l could murder somebody?
Alma, l'm asking you a question. lt's me, Max.
l never wanted to lay eyes on you again.
l know. l did a bad thing. But time heals. lt's been years.
The more l thought about it, the more l wanted you dead.
Cut in little pieces and thrown to the dogs.
Jesus. You've given this thing some very specific thought.
You're the worst scum, and l won't rest until you fry in hell.
Can l stay here tonight? ls it...?
How could you do it? How could you leave me at the altar,...
..in front of family and friends, humiliated and weeping?
l've explained that. There's two sides to every story.
Do you deny we were to be married...
..and you made an idiot of me in front of everyone?
l was nervous. l was a little drunk. l was unsure.
- Unsure? - lt was your idea to get married.
- And it was your idea to get me pregnant. - lt was a hysterical pregnancy.
- You weren't actually pregnant. - So what?
- Will you keep quiet? l'm trying to hide. - We looked everywhere.
My father, my mother, my brothers. ''Where could he be?''
''He was here before the ceremony. True, he was drinking.''
Listen, l know what you're gonna say.
While everybody's walking around, puzzled and muttering,...
..sensing my discomfort, he's discovered in a broom closet,...
..making love with my sister.
Jesus. l thought l explained that to you.
What kind of explanation could you possibly have?
You were naked in the closet with my sister!
Look at her. She still holds that against me.
lt's not that l didn't like you. l just didn't love you. l thought you were pregnant.
- l was trying to do the honourable thing. - The honourable thing?
To desert me at the altar...
..and make love with my younger sister in a broom closet is the honourable thing?
Look, we just had your best interests at heart.
l want you dead, and her.
Don't. She was a wonderful girl. She's fabulous. She loved you.
She worshipped you like a goddess. She was singing your praises.
- Till the moment l slipped her pants off... - Get out of here!
Be careful with that. Be angry with me.
All right, fault me. But not Trudy. Not Trudy, l beg of you. Not your sister.
l convinced her to do it. She didn't wanna do it. l promised to get her steaks.
Kleinman's here! Here he is!
Get out and die! Get out! Die! You rot in hell, you filthy vermin!
lt's good to see you're not bitter after all these years.
- (screams) - You whore!
- l'll kill you! - You're the one who should be ashamed!
How could you? With a student for a few silver coins?
lt wasn't a few silver coins. He gave me $700.
- You didn't know what you were doing. - l enjoyed myself.
l'll kill you!
- l hate you! - l was drunk. l was miserable.
l hate you! l hate you! l'll kill you!
l wish we'd never met. Come home.
- l never want to see you again. - He was young and handsome.
- Yes, he was! - And you enjoyed yourself?
- Was he a better lover than me? - He treated me romantically.
But he felt nothing! Just lust, pure lust.
- l don't care to talk about it. - l'm sure you don't. Where's the money?
- l gave it to charity. - You're joking!
You don't think l'm worth $700?
There isn't a whore in the world worth $700,...
..especially not an amateur whore like you.
- Bastard! - (woman screams)
- l'm scared. - Don't panic.
l'll protect you.
lt is rather scary.
(clown) Oh, my God! lt's gruesome.
- Oh, God! - Be quiet.
- l hear footsteps. - Quiet.
- Listen. - They're getting fainter.
- Quick, we have to get out of here. - Wait. Do you hear something?
The same woman. The same woman l...
l saw her earlier. We gave her some money.
She had a baby with her.
- lt's too horrible to think about. - ls she all right?
The poor little thing.
- We'll have to keep the baby. - What? What are you talking about?
- She has no one. - What about her father?
- No. There is none. - How do you know?
l talked to the woman earlier. There's no father, there's no family.
- She has no one. She was all alone. - We can't keep a baby.
- You want to just leave her in the gutter? - No, but...
But what? She needs parents.
- Yes, but... - Stop ''yes, butting'' and ''no, butting''.
l wanted a baby. Now God has dropped one in my lap.
- We have no money. - No, we do. Come here.
Look. You just hold her for a second.
- l can't. - Just hold her for a second. Be careful.
- Here. Maybe... - (fluttering)
Don't put her on the ground!
- $300. - lt's not legal.
- We have to give her to an orphanage. - How are they gonna treat her?
She needs love and care. She needs a mother and a father.
- lt's out of the question. - Well, l´m gonna keep her.
No. You're gonna put her back where l found her, and we'll inform the police.
- Help! - Quiet! The killer could be lurking.
You don't have to, but l'm gonna raise this baby.
She's so tiny.
- She's pretty. - l didn't say she wasn't pretty.
This is madness. Madness.
She is beautiful.
Oh, God. Oh, God.
He must have come down here.
- Anybody look down there? - He's gotta be over here.
Or maybe down the stairway.
Try down here.
He must be down there.
Down the stairs.
l didn't mean to interrupt. l just wanna rest for a minute.
Come in, come in. You're welcome.
lt's late. There's no one here but us. What's your name, sweetheart?
- Kleinman. - Sit down, Mr Kleinman.
- Let me get you something to drink. - Jack's one of our regulars.
l find this atmosphere a lot more stimulating than university.
- As long as we do the stimulating. - (Dorry) That's right.
l was pointing out to these ladies the metaphors of perversion.
Oh, my goodness. Such big words.
The chief magistrate likes me to tie him up, hand and foot.
Exactly. You take away his freedom...
..and he becomes blissful, delighted, sexually aroused.
- He's frightened of his freedom. - What's he frightened of?
Who knows? Whatever his impulses are.
- Power, lust, murder. - There are laws against murder.
- Haven't you heard about that? - Certain people obey only their own laws.
ls that what they teach you at the university? To be superior?
No, no, no, no.
We learn facts. Nothing but facts.
..and mathematics and how to become depressed.
Your problem is you don't believe in anything.
Spoken by a true whore who believes only in cash.
Better false gods than no god at all, hm?
Here's a thoughtful-looking man.
What are your views on divine matters?
- Excuse me. Me? - (Jack) l'm asking if you believe in God.
lt's incredible. That's the third time tonight somebody asked me that exact question.
l would love to, believe me. l know l would be happier.
- (Jack) Yeah, but you can't. - l can't. No.
You doubt his existence and you can't make the leap of faith necessary.
l can't make the leap of faith to believe in my own existence.
- Here's your drink, Kleinman. - (Jack) You keep making jokes...
..until the moment comes when you've really gotta face death.
Why are we on such a morbid subject?
- That's the future. - (Jack) ls it the future?
The trick is to have as much as wine, as many men and laughs as you can...
..until they carry you out in a pine box, and then don't go easily.
l wanna die in my sleep without ever knowing.
Some world, when the nicest gift you wish for someone is that they die in their sleep.
lf l thought that there was nothing except this, l'd kill myself.
l've thought of it. Believe me, there have been many times...
..when my brain has said ''Why not?''
l mean, there's no point to anything.
But somehow my blood always said ''Live! Live!''
And l always listen to my blood.
How about you, Kleinman?
You know, l know exactly what l think about all this,...
..but l can never find words to put it in.
Maybe if l get a little drunk l could dance it.
Come on, honey. l know what's on your mind. Come on. Let's go to the bedroom.
l've never paid for sex in my life.
You just think you haven't.
Enjoy yourself, Kleinman.
May all your ups and downs be in bed.
You're in a peculiar mood.
That little circus performer.
You still haven't gotten her out of your mind.
lsn't that odd?
A moment's chance encounter.
Business transaction with a total stranger.
l mean, we barely spoke.
And yet tonight l feel like l've lost something.
l'm so sorry. This never happened to me before.
l never have any problem. lt's so humiliating.
- What's the matter? Don't you like me? - lt isn't that.
lt's that conversation we were having.
- Maybe we should try a new position. - Believe me, it isn't the position.
l've used this position before, many times, and it has always worked very effectively.
Sometimes within a matter of seconds.
Some men are looking for you. We can't have any trouble here.
- ls there another way out? - The roof. Hurry.
Simon Carr. What are you doing here?
- l'm part of Nagel's plan. - Nagel has a plan too?
Everybody has a plan. l'm the only one in town that doesn't know what he's doing.
By the way, Kleinman, l ran into Mr Paulsen before.
He's giving me the promotion.
He said that?
Actually, he said that he sees you...
..as a kind of cringing, slimy vermin...
..more suited to extermination than life on this planet.
l don't think he means it personally.
Carr, did you happen to see a young woman...
..with a big hat and a valise wandering around?
- Yes, l did. With a man and a child. - A man and a child?
Yes, they were out by the bridge, toward the circus.
''Cringing, slimy vermin.''
- Hurry up with that milk. She'll fall asleep. - l'm coming.
- Don't overfeed her. - l'm not gonna overfeed her.
- OK. Now, this is warm. - She's so beautiful.
Look at her eyes. Be careful.
- Her fingers are very tiny. - l'm careful. l'm very careful.
- Now she's asleep. She won't drink this. - She smiled at me.
Did you see that? She smiled.
- She's the future. - Yeah.
- You're the future. - l want her to go to school.
l don't want her to be a travelling gypsy like us.
l just wanna hold her for a minute. Can l hold her?
No, you better not. No, because you squeeze too hard.
l don't squeeze hard. Come on. Please.
- No. Just let's feed her. - No. l wanna hold her.
- Listen, no. - Please.
We'll have another baby instead.
- Another baby? - Yeah.
l don't want her to grow up alone. lt's not good to grow up alone.
- She'll be too lonely. - That's wonderful.
(Kleinman) lrmy, look out! Look out! lt's the killer!
- Kleinman! - Yes, l'm here! Run! Run! Run!
- What about you? - Don't worry. l'll take care of...
- Don't come near her. Run! Run! - What about you?
Don't worry about me. l can take care of myself.
Don't come near me.
Good evening. l am Almstead the magician.
Almstead! My God! l do some tricks myself.
l'm an amateur magician. You're my idol. l came to see you.
l was just celebrating our closing performance.
And also, of course, packing up my illusions and my paraphernalia.
The killer's loose. You have to stop. The killer is loose.
- The evil one. - Yes! Yes. Roaming...
There he is! Think of something! Think quick!
Come! Come! Over here!
- Quickly! Come! - What?
My mirror illusion. Come! You must help. Come!
Come. Come, young man. Come. Jump into the mirror.
Come. The evil one comes.
Just jump. Jump!
- (Kleinman) We got him! - We have captured the beast!
Yes, we got him. We got him!
- lt's fantastic. He was right... - Yes, he was here. Now he's there.
- (lrmy) Come on, everybody! He's in here! - (Kleinman) We got him.
- Where is he? - He is over there, bound in chains.
- Where is he? - Over there. Bound hand and foot in ch...
- (man) Where? - (Kleinman) Where'd he go?
- Where is he? What're you talkin' about? - He was right here!
- Kleinman saw him. He was here. - l did. He was right over here.
No man could have escaped from...
Look! Look, you see. Here. These are the real locks.
Almstead, you drink too much.
- l tell you he was here. We had the killer! - Search the building.
Looks like he's a better magician than you.
l'm so tired l can't even think straight.
l wanna go to sleep, you know.
We definitely had him. You believe me. Ask him.
Even l could not have escaped.
All l know is you certainly saved my life. You were very brave.
Well, l can be brave. lt's just that l can't think about it first.
lf l ever think about what's gonna happen to me, then l lose control of my muscles.
Well, l guess this is goodbye.
We're gonna be pulling out in a few hours.
lt's been a strange night, hasn't it?
l feel like my whole life has changed.
Me too. Very unusual.
So are you gonna be OK?
Apart from the fact that l'm wanted by a lynch mob and the police are after me...
..and there's a maniac loose and l'm unemployed, everything else is fine.
- What are you gonna do? - Mr Kleinman.
You know l am looking for an assistant?
- You are? - You said that you knew all of my tricks.
Yes, l'm an amateur magi... l'm an amateur. l...
As a matter of fact l can do a little thing here that you might appreciate.
l'm not as good at this as l once... Wait. l'm nervous, cos it's Almstead.
Well, that is a beginning. Hey, yes. Of course it is, now.
At any rate, you know, you assisted Almstead at a critical time.
l am still bewildered by his miraculous escape.
My theory is, we did something to deserve this.
- That's crazy. - That's all l hear all night. Theories.
What's your theory?
Nothing good's gonna happen until we catch him.
So, do you wish to assist the great Almstead?
Watch this. l would love to, but l can't just run away and join the circus.
Just what's wrong with the circus? You travel, you drink.
- There's beautiful women. - l can't. l'm gonna join the circus?
That's crazy. l have to go back to town and join real life.
- Like what? - What do you mean, ''like what''?
You know. What kind of question is that?
l could marry my landlady and run a boarding house.
Yes, yes, yes. The grey hat.
Sooner or later we all must put on the grey hat of compromise.
No, l'm, you know...
Believe me, l'm flattered by your offer, but at heart l'm a clerk.
l'm an ink-stained wretch is what it is in the end.
So you do not wish to apprentice with the immortal Almstead, eh? Mm?
Well, they come from all over to see Almstead, even the crowned heads.
l once produced a rabbit from between the bosoms of the Queen of Denmark.
A small rabbit.
How could l work for the circus? l mean...
You know. lt's crazy.
Although, l must say, to be Almstead's assistant would be...
lt's crazy. lt's just a dream.
Well, l don't know if we're gonna be passing through this way again.
- Good luck. - You take care of yourself.
- You too. - Thank you.
lmagine turning down an opportunity to work with a legend in the show business.
- Your tricks didn't stop the killer. - But we checked his reins for a moment.
Perhaps we even frightened him.
Look. Look what he has done to my mirror.
Well, l had better pack up my paraphernalia.
Almstead. l've decided to accept your offer.
Congratulations. Of course, the pay is very low.
- That's OK. l don't need much money. - Very, very low.
- l understand, but it's no problem. - Perhaps lower than you might think.
l don't care. This is the first time in my life...
..that l can do something that l really love.
Love? Just make sure that love does not interfere with your duties!
No. My duties come first.
What better way to spend the rest of my life...
..than to help you with all those wonderful illusions of yours?
(man) lt's true. Everybody loves his illusions.
They need them.
Like they need the air.
Visiontext Subtitles: Sally Lewis
SNL Best Of Eddie Murphy 1998
S Diary 2004
Sahara (with Michael Palin) ep1
Sahara (with Michael Palin) ep2
Sahara (with Michael Palin) ep3
Sahara (with Michael Palin) ep4
Sahara (with Michael Palin) video diary bonus
Sahara interview with Michael Palin
Salaam Bombay CD1
Salaam Bombay CD2
Salaam Cinema 1995
Salems Lot 2004 CD1
Salems Lot 2004 CD2
Salesman - Albert and David Maysles (1969)
Salo Or The 120 Days Of Sodom
Salton Sea The
Salvatore Giuliano (Francesco Rosi 1961) CD1
Salvatore Giuliano (Francesco Rosi 1961) CD2
Samsara 1991 CD1
Samsara 1991 CD2
Samurai - Miyamoto Musashi - 03 - Duel at Ganryu Island
Samurai 2 (1955)
Samurai 3 - Duel At Ganryu Island 1956
Samurai Assassin 1965
Sanbiki No Samurai 1964
Sand Pebbles The CD1
Sand Pebbles The CD2
Sands of Iwo Jima
Santa Claus 2
Sante Trap The
Saragossa Manuscript The (1965) CD1
Saragossa Manuscript The (1965) CD2
Satans Brew 1976
Saturday Night Fever CD1
Saturday Night Fever CD2
Satyajit Ray - Apu Trilogy 2 Aparajito (1957)
Sauvage Innocence 2001 CD1
Sauvage Innocence 2001 CD2
Savage Innocents The 1959
Savage The (2003)
Save The Green Planet (2003) CD1
Save The Green Planet (2003) CD2
Saving Private Ryan CD1
Saving Private Ryan CD2
Saving Private Ryan CD3
Saving Silverman (R Rated Version)
Say It Isnt So 2001
Scalphunters The (1968)
Scanners 1981 CD1
Scanners 1981 CD2
Scar The (1976) CD1
Scar The (1976) CD2
Scarecrow - (Kakashi) 25fps 2001
Scarlet Empress The (1934)
Scarlet Empress The - Criterion Collection
Scary Movie 2
Scene At The Sea A (Japanese)
Scenes From A Marriage (1973) CD1
Scenes From A Marriage (1973) CD2
Scenes from a Marriage CD1
Scenes from a Marriage CD2
Scenes from a Marriage CD3
Scenes from a Marriage CD4
Scenes from a Marriage CD5
Scenes from a Marriage CD6
Schippers van de Kameleon CD1
Schippers van de Kameleon CD2
School Of Flesh The
School of Rock
Scooby-Doo - A Gaggle of Galloping Ghosts
Scooby-Doo - Thats Snow Ghost
Scooby-Doo - The Headless Horseman of Halloween
Scooby-Doo - Vampires Cats and Scaredy Cats
Scooby-Doo - Which Witch is Which
Scooby-Doo 2 Monsters Unleashed
Scooby-Doo and the Legend of the Vampire
Scooby Doo Project The
Scorpion King The
Scream 3 CD1
Scream 3 CD2
Secret Agents 2004
Secret Agents Into the Heart of the CIA
Secret Ballot 2001
Secret Lives of Dentist The
Secret Window 2004
Secret life of Walter Mitty The (1947)
Secret of My Success 1987 CD1
Secret of My Success 1987 CD2
Secret of the Ooze The
Secret of the Sword
Secrets of Women
Seducing doctor Lewis
See Spot Run
See no Evil Hear no Evil
Seinfeld Chronicles The
Sense and Sensibility (1995)
Seppuku (aka Harakiri) CD1
Seppuku (aka Harakiri) CD2
Serpents Egg The
Setup The (Robert Wise 1949)
Seven (1995) CD1
Seven (1995) CD2
Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
Seven Days in May (1963)
Seven Samurai (1956)
Seven Year Itch The
Seven Years in Tibet CD1
Seven Years in Tibet CD2
Seventh Seal The - Criterion Collection
Seventh Sign The
Sex Is Comedy
Sex Lies And Videotape CD1
Sex Lies And Videotape CD2
Sex and Lucia (Unrated Spanish Edition)
Sex and Zen
Sex and the City 3x13 - Escape From New York
Sex and the City 3x14 - Sex And Another City
Sex and the City 3x15 - Hot Child in the City
Sex and the City 3x16 - Frenemies
Sex and the City 3x17 - What Goes Around Comes Around
Sex and the City 3x18 - Cock A Doodle Do
Sex is zero
Sex lives of the potato men
Sexo Con Amor 2003
Sexy Beast 2000
Shadow The Universal
Shadow of a Doubt
Shadow of the Vampire
Shadows In Paradise
Shadows and Fog
Shakespeare In Love
Shall We Dance
Shanghai Knights CD1
Shanghai Knights CD2
Shaolin Soccer UnCut (2001) CD1
Shaolin Soccer UnCut (2001) CD2
Shaolin Temple CD1
Shaolin Temple CD2
Shaolin Temple The 1979
Shape Of Things The
Shark Tale CD1
Shark Tale CD2
Sharp Guns (2001)
Shaun of the Dead (2004)
Shelter Island 2003
Sherlock Holmes - Hound of the Baskervilles
Sherlock Holmes - The Eligible Bachelor
Sherlock Holmes - The Last Vampyre
Sherlock Holmes - The Master Blackmailer
Sherlock Holmes - The Pearl Of Death 1944
Sherlock Holmes - The Sign of Four
Sherlock Holmes 1x01 - A Scandal In Bohemia
Sherlock Holmes 1x02 - The Dancing Men
Sherlock Holmes 1x03 - The Naval Treaty
Sherlock Holmes 1x04 - The Solitary Cyclist
Sherlock Holmes 1x05 - The Crooked Man
Sherlock Holmes 1x06 - The Speckled Band
Sherlock Holmes 1x07 - The Blue Carbuncle
Sherlock Holmes 1x08 - The Copper Beeches
Sherlock Holmes 1x09 - The Greek Interpreter
Sherlock Holmes 1x10 - The Norwood Builder
Sherlock Holmes 1x11 - The Resident Patient
Sherlock Holmes 1x12 - The Red Headed League
Sherlock Holmes 1x13 - The Final Problem
Sherlock Holmes And The House Of Fear 1945
Sherlock Holmes And The Spider Woman 1944
Sherlock Holmes And The Voice Of Terror 1942
Sherlock Holmes Faces Death 1943
Sherlock Holmes Returns
Sherlock Holmes The Eligible Bachelor
Sherlock Holmes The Scarlet Claw 1944
Sherlock Holmes in Washington 1943
Shes All That
Shes So Lovely
Shes out of control
Shes the One
Shield The 2x01 - The Quick Fix
Shield The 2x02 - Dead Soldiers
Shield The 2x03 - Partners
Shield The 2x04 - Carte Blanche
Shijushichinin No Shikaku (1994 aka 47 Ronin)
Shiki-Jitsu (Hideaki Anno 2000)
Shin Zatoichi monogatari (1963)
Shinjuku - Triad Society (Takashi Miike 1995) CD1
Shinjuku - Triad Society (Takashi Miike 1995) CD2
Ship of Fools CD1 (Stanley Kramer 1965)
Ship of Fools CD2 (Stanley Kramer 1965)
Shiver Of The Vampires The
Shocking Asia CD1
Shocking Asia CD2
Shogun 1980 Part 1
Shogun 1980 Part 2
Shogun 1980 Part 3
Shogun 1980 Part 4
Shogun 1980 Part 5 and 6
Shogun 1980 Part 7 and 8
Shogun 1980 Part 9 and 10
Shop Around The Corner The 1940
Short Circuit 2
Short Cuts CD1
Short Cuts CD2
Short Film About Killing A (1988)
Short Film About Love A (1988)
Short Film About Love A 1988
Shot In The Dark A
Show Me Love
Shredder (Greg Huson 2003)
Shriek if You Know What I Did Last Friday the 13th
Shuang tong (2002)
Sib - The Apple
Siburay Bate Cafe
Sicilian The 1987 CD1
Sicilian The 1987 CD2
Siege The (1998)
Silence of the Lambs The
Silencers The (Phil Karlson 1966)
Silent Trigger 1996
Silver Streak 1976
Simon and Garfunkel - The Concert in Central Park
Simon of the Desert
Simpsons 01x01 - Simpsons Roasting Over An Open Fire
Simpsons 01x02 - Bart The Genius
Simpsons 01x03 - Homers Odyssey
Simpsons 01x04 - Theres No Disgrace Like Home
Simpsons 01x05 - Bart the General
Simpsons 01x06 - Moaning Lisa
Simpsons 01x07 - The Call of the Simpsons
Simpsons 01x08 - The Telltale Head
Simpsons 01x09 - Life on the Fast Lane
Simpsons 01x10 - Homers Night Out
Simpsons 01x11 - The Crepes Of Wrath
Simpsons 01x12 - Krusty Gets Busted
Simpsons 01x13 - Some Enchanted Evening
Simpsons The 05x01 - Homers Barbershop Quartet
Simpsons The 05x02 - Cape Feare
Simpsons The 05x03 - Homer Goes To College
Simpsons The 05x04 - Rosebud
Simpsons The 05x05 - Tree House Of Horror
Simpsons The 05x06 - Marge On The Lam
Simpsons The 05x07 - Barts Inner Child
Simpsons The 05x08 - Boy Scoutz N The Hood
Simpsons The 05x09 - The Last-Temptation Of Homer
Simpsons The 05x10 - $pringfield
Simpsons The 05x11 - Homer The Vigilante
Simpsons The 05x12 - Bart Gets Famous
Simpsons The 05x13 - Homer And Apu
Simpsons The 05x14 - Lisa Vs Malibu Stacy
Simpsons The 05x15 - Deep Space Homer
Simpsons The 05x16 - Homer Loves Flanders
Simpsons The 05x17 - Bart Gets An Elephant
Simpsons The 05x18 - Burns Heir
Simpsons The 05x19 - Sweet Seymour Skinners Baadasssss Song
Simpsons The 05x20 - The Boy Who Knew Too Much
Simpsons The 05x21 - Lady Bouviers Lover
Simpsons The 05x22 - Secrets Of A Successful Marriage
Sin noticias de Dios
Sinbad - Legend Of The Seven Seas
Since Otar Left 2003
Since You Went Away CD1
Since You Went Away CD2
Sinful Nuns of Saint Valentine
Singin in the Rain
Singing Detective The
Singles (2003) CD1
Singles (2003) CD2
Sink The Bismarck
Sinnui yauman II
Sister Act 2 - Back in the Habit CD1
Sister Act 2 - Back in the Habit CD2
Six Days Seven Nights
Six Degrees of Separation (1993)
Six Feet Under
Six String Samurai
Six Strong Guys (2004)
Sixteen Candles CD1
Sixteen Candles CD2
Sixth Sense The
Skammen (Shame Bergman 1968)
Skazka o tsare Saltane
Skulls The (Collectors Edition)
Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow
Slap Shot 2
Sleepers (1996) CD1
Sleepers (1996) CD2
Sleepless in Seattle
Sleepy Hollow 1999
Sleuth (Mankiewicz 1972) CD1
Sleuth (Mankiewicz 1972) CD2
Sliding Doors 1992
Sling Blade CD1
Sling Blade CD2
Small Change (FranÇois Truffaut 1976)
Small Time Crooks 2000
Smell of Fear The
Smokey and the Bandit
Snake Of June A (2002)
Snake Pit The
Snatch - Special Edition
Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs 1937
So Close 2002
Sobibor 14 Octobre 1943
Solaris (Tarkovsky) CD1
Solaris (Tarkovsky) CD2
Solaris - Criterion Collection
Solaris 2002 - Behind the Planet
Solaris 2002 Inside
Soldaat Van Oranje 1977 CD1
Soldaat Van Oranje 1977 CD2
Soldiers Story A (Norman Jewison 1984)
Solomon and Sheba CD1
Solomon and Sheba CD2
Sombre 25fps 1998
Some Kind of Monster CD1
Some Kind of Monster CD2
Something The Lord Made CD1
Something The Lord Made CD2
Somethings Gotta Give CD1
Somethings Gotta Give CD2
Son In Law
Song of the South
Soul Guardians The (1998) CD1
Soul Guardians The (1998) CD2
Soul Keeper The (2003)
Sound of Music The
South Park - Bigger Longer and Uncut
South Park 01x01 - Cartman Gets An Anal Probe
South Park 01x02 - Weight Gain 4000
South Park 01x03 - Volcano
South Park 01x04 - Big Gay Als Big Gay Boatride
South Park 01x05 - An Elephant Makes Love to a Pig
South Park 01x06 - Death
South Park 01x07 - Pinkeye
South Park 01x08 - Jesus VS Satan
South Park 01x09 - Starvin Marvin
South Park 01x10 - Mr Hankey the Christmas Poo
South Park 01x11 - Toms Rhinoplasty
South Park 01x12 - Mecha Striesand
South Park 01x13 - Cartmans Mom is a Dirty Slut
Soylent Green 1973
Spanish Prisoner The CD1
Spanish Prisoner The CD2
Spark the Lighter
Spartacus 2004 CD1
Spartacus 2004 CD2
Spartacus Fixed 1960
Spartan 2004 CD1
Spartan 2004 CD2
Spawn (Directors Cut)
Species 3 CD1
Species 3 CD2
Speed 2 - Cruise Control
Spellbound (Hitchcock 1945)
Spider Man 2 CD1
Spider Man 2 CD2
Spies Like Us 1985
Spirit of the Beehive
Spirited Away CD1
Spirits of the Dead 1968 CD1
Spirits of the Dead 1968 CD2
Spongebob Squarepants The Movie
Springtime In A Small Town
Spun (Unrated Version)
Spy Who Came In from the Cold The
Spy Who Loved Me The
Spy Who Shagged Me The - New Line Platinum Series
St Johns Wort - (Otogiriso) 25fps 2001
Stage Beauty 2004
Stage Fright 1950
Stalker 1979 CD1
Stalker 1979 CD2
Star Trek Generations CD1
Star Trek Generations CD2
Star Wars - Episode II Attack of the Clones
Star Wars - Episode IV A New Hope
Star Wars - Episode I The Phantom Menace
Star Wars Episode 4 (A New Hope) CD1
Star Wars Episode 4 (A New Hope) CD2
Star Wars Episode 5 (Empire Strikes Back) CD1
Star Wars Episode 5 (Empire Strikes Back) CD2
Star Wars Episode 6 (Return of the Jedi) CD1
Star Wars Episode 6 (Return of the Jedi) CD2
Stargate SG1 1x01 Children of the Gods
Stargate SG1 1x02 The enemy Within
Stargate SG1 1x03 Emancipation
Stargate SG1 1x04 The Broca Divide
Stargate SG1 1x05 The First Commandment
Stargate SG1 1x06 Cold Lazarus
Stargate SG1 1x07 The Nox
Stargate SG1 1x08 Brief Candle
Stargate SG1 1x09 Thors Hammer
Stargate SG1 1x10 The Torment of Tantalus
Stargate SG1 1x11 Bloodlines
Stargate SG1 1x12 Fire and Water
Stargate SG1 1x13 Hathor
Stargate SG1 1x14 Singularity
Stargate SG1 1x15 The Cor AI
Stargate SG1 1x16 Enigma
Stargate SG1 1x17 Solitudes
Stargate SG1 1x18 Tin Man
Stargate SG1 1x19 There but for the Grace of God
Stargate SG1 1x20 Politics
Stargate SG1 1x21 Within the Serpents Grasp
Stargate SG1 2x01 The serpents lair
Stargate SG1 2x02 In the line of duty
Stargate SG1 2x03 Prisoners
Stargate SG1 2x04 The gamekeeper
Stargate SG1 2x05 Need
Stargate SG1 2x06 Thors chariot
Stargate SG1 2x07 Message in a bottle
Stargate SG1 2x08 Family
Stargate SG1 2x09 Secrets
Stargate SG1 2x10 Bane
Stargate SG1 2x11 The tokra part 1
Stargate SG1 2x12 The tokra part 2
Stargate SG1 2x13 Spirits
Stargate SG1 2x14 Touchstone
Stargate SG1 2x15 The fifth race
Stargate SG1 2x16 A matter of time
Stargate SG1 2x17 Holiday
Stargate SG1 2x18 Serpents song
Stargate SG1 2x19 One false step
Stargate SG1 2x20 Show and tell
Stargate SG1 2x21 1969
Stargate SG1 3x01 Into The Fire II
Stargate SG1 3x02 Seth
Stargate SG1 3x03 Fair Game
Stargate SG1 3x04 Legacy
Stargate SG1 3x05 Learning Curve
Stargate SG1 3x06 Point Of View
Stargate SG1 3x07 Deadman Switch
Stargate SG1 3x08 Demons
Stargate SG1 3x09 Rules Of Engagement
Stargate SG1 3x10 Forever In A Day
Stargate SG1 3x11 Past And Present
Stargate SG1 3x12 Jolinars Memories
Stargate SG1 3x13 The Devil You Know
Stargate SG1 3x14 Foothold
Stargate SG1 3x15 Pretense
Stargate SG1 3x16 Urgo
Stargate SG1 3x17 A Hundred Days
Stargate SG1 3x18 Shades Of Grey
Stargate SG1 3x19 New Ground
Stargate SG1 3x20 Maternal Instinct
Stargate SG1 3x21 Crystal Skull
Stargate SG1 3x22 Nemesis
Stargate SG1 4x01 Small Victories
Stargate SG1 4x02 The Other Side
Stargate SG1 4x03 Upgrades
Stargate SG1 4x04 Crossroads
Stargate SG1 4x05 Divide And Conquer
Stargate SG1 4x06 Window Of Opportunity
Stargate SG1 4x07 Watergate
Stargate SG1 4x08 The First Ones
Stargate SG1 4x09 Scorched Earth
Stargate SG1 4x10 Beneath The Surface
Stargate SG1 4x11 Point Of No Return
Stargate SG1 4x12 Tangent
Stargate SG1 4x13 The Curse
Stargate SG1 4x14 The Serpents Venom
Stargate SG1 4x15 Chain Reaction
Stargate SG1 4x16 2010
Stargate SG1 4x17 Absolute Power
Stargate SG1 4x18 The Light
Stargate SG1 4x19 Prodigy
Stargate SG1 4x20 Entity
Stargate SG1 4x21 Double Jeopardy
Stargate SG1 4x22 Exodus
Stargate SG1 5x01 Enemies
Stargate SG1 5x02 Threshold
Stargate SG1 5x03 Ascension
Stargate SG1 5x04 Fifth Man
Stargate SG1 5x05 Red Sky
Stargate SG1 5x06 Rite Of Passage
Stargate SG1 5x07 Beast Of Burden
Stargate SG1 5x08 The Tomb
Stargate SG1 5x09 Between Two Fires
Stargate SG1 5x10 2001
Stargate SG1 5x11 Desperate Measures
Stargate SG1 5x12 Wormhole X-Treme
Stargate SG1 5x13 Proving Ground
Stargate SG1 5x14 48 Hours
Stargate SG1 5x15 Summit
Stargate SG1 5x16 Last Stand
Stargate SG1 5x17 Failsafe
Stargate SG1 5x18 The Warrior
Stargate SG1 5x19 Menace
Stargate SG1 5x20 The Sentinel
Stargate SG1 5x21 Meridian
Stargate SG1 5x22 Revelations
Stargate SG1 6x01 Redemption Part 1
Stargate SG1 6x02 Redemption Part 2
Stargate SG1 6x03 Descent
Stargate SG1 6x04 Frozen
Stargate SG1 6x05 Nightwalkers
Stargate SG1 6x06 Abyss
Stargate SG1 6x07 Shadow Play
Stargate SG1 6x08 The Other Guys
Stargate SG1 6x09 Allegiance
Stargate SG1 6x10 Cure
Stargate SG1 6x11 Prometheus
Stargate SG1 6x12 Unnatural Selection
Stargate SG1 6x13 Sight Unseen
Stargate SG1 6x14 Smoke n Mirrors
Stargate SG1 6x15 Paradise Lost
Stargate SG1 6x16 Metamorphosis
Stargate SG1 6x17 Disclosure
Stargate SG1 6x18 Forsaken
Stargate SG1 6x19 The Changeling
Stargate SG1 6x20 Memento
Stargate SG1 6x21 Prophecy
Stargate SG1 6x22 Full Circle
Stargate SG1 7x01 Fallen
Stargate SG1 7x02 Homecoming
Stargate SG1 7x03 Fragile Balance
Stargate SG1 7x04 Orpheus
Stargate SG1 7x05 Revisions
Stargate SG1 7x06 Lifeboat
Stargate SG1 7x07 Enemy Mine
Stargate SG1 7x08 Space Race
Stargate SG1 7x09 Avenger 2 0
Stargate SG1 7x10 Birthright
Stargate SG1 7x10 Heroes II
Stargate SG1 7x11 Evolution I
Stargate SG1 7x12 Evolution II
Stargate SG1 7x13 Grace
Stargate SG1 7x14 Fallout
Stargate SG1 7x15 Chimera
Stargate SG1 7x16 Death Knell
Stargate SG1 7x17 Heroes I
Stargate SG1 7x19 Resurrection
Stargate SG1 7x20 Inauguration
Stargate SG1 7x21-22 The Lost City I n II
Starship Troopers (Special Edition)
Starship Troopers 2
Story Of A Kiss
Strange aventure de Docteur Molyneux
Street Of Love And Hope (Nagisa Oshima 1959)
Street of shame (Akasen chitai)
Streetcar Named Desire A
Summer Tale A 2000
Sunday Lunch (2003)
Super 8 Stories
Superman IV - The Quest for Peace
Surviving the Game
Swedish Love Story A (1970) CD1
Swedish Love Story A (1970) CD2
Sweetest Thing The (Unrated Version)
Swordsman III - The East is Red
Sylvester - Canned Feud (1951)
Sylvester - Speedy Gonzales (1955)
Sylvester and Elmer - Kit for Cat (1948)
Sylvester and Porky - Scaredy Cat (1948)
Sylvester and Tweety - Canary Row (1950)
Sylvester and Tweety - Putty Tat Trouble (1951)
Sylvester and Tweety - Tweetys SOS (1951)